Original topic:

Can you tell me what the issue is?

(Topic created on: 28/12/20 19:43)
Wanglili79
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Hello. 
Today I noticed this weird line down the left edge of my screen . 
I did a pixel test and everything seems fine. 
Is it a crack in the screen? I can not see any visible cracks. 
I have only had this for phone 5 months. Since I cracked my last phone on my chemo rod. I have been extra careful with this device. Therefore, I am puzzled to what the issue is. 
I would be grateful for any advice or tips. 
The phone is working fine and has touch screen application is also working fine. 
I have just battled stage 3 bowel cancer! I really can do without the hassle of having to pay for a phone screen. 
Once again any recommendations would be truly appreciated. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Could it be a pre installed screen protector  ? It's not easy to make out from the screenshot.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look too.

It's great to hear your health has improved @Wanglili79 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

Wanglili79
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
thank you for your message. the screen still has the original screen protector it came with. unfortunately, I am in tier 4 so no shops to assist. Hopefully, the phone will not deteriate any further and can get it checked out once the lockdown has finished . Thank you once again
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@Wanglili79 

That's what I mean is it the edge of that plastic screen protector becoming more visible with wear and tear.

Tier 4 must be so hard  😞

I'm in Tier 3 and that's restrictive enough and I do understand and accept this due to these unprecedented time's.

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
catlady
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I had that on my s7 edge....pink line....I put it back to Samsung as still had warranty left and they fixed it and returned it
0 Likes
Wanglili79
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
You are amazing. I just took off the screen protector and the line disappeared. now I just have to be extra careful until my new screen protector arrives . I am not looking forward to trying to smooth the bubbles out . However, at least I am not having to pay for a new screen. Thank you so much for your help. You are my guardian of tech !
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I'm glad that was the issue and not your screen @Wanglili79 

Yes do be a little bit more careful with the screen to stop scratches etc.

Smoothing out those bubbles are a pain i agree 🤣

Personally I prefer the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector which is a little more expensive than most options but in my opinion is the best glass option.

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

On a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge I had the pink line issue too @catlady which a Samsung Service Centre told me it's because of an issue caused by the connection between the display and internal board. They replaced the screen and connection under the Samsung 2 year manufacturing warranty too. 👍

Current Phone ~

0 Likes