Did you mean: 

Original topic:

camera

(Topic created on: 22/11/20 00:12)
RyanJ
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Hi guys, I'm just wondering does anyone with the note 20 ultra seem to be having issues with the camera? Out of focus, blurred, photos looks slightly washed out. Is there anyway to sort it? Camera is cleaned everyday so I know it wouldn't be that. Just need some help
8 REPLIES 8
Boots5
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
yes ee not wanting g to help. I upgraded in September.
0 Likes
RyanJ
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
me to, I even messaged Samsung themselves and all they suggested was reset phone but not been resolved. even past updates havnt helped
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

This is a thread I've read on another forum with this answer being particularly useful and relevant.

From androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-20-note-20-ultra/1009585-why-cant-i-focus-closely-my-note-20-... 

“  The larger image sensor combined with the large F/1.8 aperture creates a depth of field that is more shallow than any other cell phone to date. The camera looks and behaves more like an actual camera than traditional cell phone cameras.

When you take an image close up that depth of field becomes even more shallow, anything that isn't within that narrow plane of focus becomes blurred naturally. Taking a photo of something flat like your tablet screen the center point of focus is closer to the image sensor than anything towards the edges which is why they look out of focus.

The regular Note 20 and the S20/S20+ don't use the large image sensor found in the S20U/N20U which allows the depth of field to be greater allowing more to remain in focus when you take a close up image.  ”

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
RyanJ
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
thank you for this information but even photos at a further range seem to have the blurred effect to them but il check the link and see for some help. thank you again
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

You're very welcome @RyanJ 

On mine photos seem to be fine.

I'm not a great picture taker and usually just point and click but I'll take some for you so see soon if that helps.

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

20201122_095930.jpg

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

20201122_094414.jpg

 Both photo's Taken indoors in low light.

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
RyanJ
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
thank you for sharing them as a reference, yours seems so much better than what mine does especially from that distance too