Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera not focusing

(Topic created on: 23-10-2022 11:25 PM)
SaWhaL
Journeyman
Options
Hi Friends can I get your help. My note 20 ultra has gave up on me and I have too. It does not autofocus and the it is blurry when i open the camera. So disappoint it is.

I try to take photo and it is just blurry. I tried cleaning the camera screen too and i took off the protection as well but none of it helped.

I tried to clear the cache and camera reset but it didnot help either. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 🙏 Thank you
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I had a similar issue with a previous Samsung phone and found by gently tapping near the camera module made it auto focus.

Something appeared to be stuck.

Take the phone to a Samsung Service Centre who'll check it out.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
On which lens is your focus not working #SaWhaL?. Is it only on the main wide angle lens (x1) or on all your lenses?.
0 Likes
SaWhaL
Journeyman
Options
Thank you.
0 Likes
SaWhaL
Journeyman
Options
Thank you Babishko. It is the normal one. Wide angle and Zoom both works. Yes it is x1.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Welcome to the club then @SaWhaL. This problem has been on this forum on at least four times before and is a long standing issue affecting different models of Samsung higher end phones. My S21 Ultra has had this issue now for at least 5 months but I do have a work around to conquer the problem which starts when I first open the camera app and the main x1 lenses is invariably always out of focus. What I do is this. I open the app and switch immediately to the x10 lens and try and view anything as far away as you can. From here I drop down to the x3 lens and then drop to the x1 avoiding a focus on any very close macro objects. Keep things focused as distant as you can. When I do this I have seen through experience that the x1 lense is now back in sharp focus in the viewing screen. To keep this lens performing through a long photo shoot be careful not to close the app fully, merely lock the screen to save battery etc. or you may have to go through the procedure over again. I go through the same procedure again when recording video through the main lens. Even after getting the camera to work fully in photo mode. This all seems a pain I know, but you quickly get used to it and I get a great deal of satisfaction from overcoming the issue.
I am convinced this is a software problem and I noticed in the last Beta Android 13 update that there was specifically a fix for the 'known autofocus problem'. Now I don't download any Beta updates so I don't know if this fixes our problem so I imagine we will have to wait for the full android 13 update to hopefully sort things out for us all out here with this issue. Good luck to you anyway SaWhaL and I hope my work arounds work for you. 👍👍
SaWhaL
Journeyman
Options
Thanks alot for the help. Hope new update will fix this soon.