Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera App Failed

(Topic created on: 16-04-2021 04:13 PM)
Mahekaw
Apprentice
Options

The Samsung camera app has stopped working on my device - factory reset, and a tech visit under warranty hasn't solved the issue. According to the engineer apparently it's a known software bug, and waiting for Samsung to address. The camera hardware is working fine, and operates normally in other camera apps/WhatsApp etc. Any advice would be appreciated! Anyone else suffering this problem?
9 REPLIES 9
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Mahekaw 

try clearing the data of the Camera app

tap and hold the Camera app icon → tap "i" → tap storage → clear data

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Mahekaw   Try clearing both the Data  and Cache of the Camera App.  If to no avail you could try  seeing if the Camera works in Safe Mode ,  if successful may be a particular app that is the issue.  However if not  you may wish to clear the cache partition.   In Android 11 need to connect Device  to computer  or use USB-C Headphones.

Some more advice in this thread: https://www.slashdigit.com/fix-galaxy-note-20-camera-not-working-issue/  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Mahekaw
Apprentice
Options
Thanks how do I try the beta program?
0 Likes
Mahekaw
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the help, I tried this already though 😔
0 Likes
Mahekaw
Apprentice
Options
Hey thanks for the help, appreciate it! I'll give that link a read! I've tried it in safe mode and problem exactly the same unfortunately and tried clearing the cache partition too 🤷🏻‍♀️
0 Likes
Zawis
Journeyman
Options
If you are still encountering the problem. Have you tried the repair apps option from recovery menu?

If not maybe try downloading one of your older backups if you have one before the issue took place? Otherwise maybe there's a way to downgrade the app? I'm not sure if you can roll back camera updates though.. that's all I can think of. Hope you can get this resolved soon!
0 Likes
rewr342
Apprentice
Options

yes this device continuously showing this error I don't know the reason about it but still I have one way to guide you for further details see  .

0 Likes
Workaholic
First Poster
Options
Yes I've just started having the same problem
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Mahekaw ,

do you still have this issue? If so, in order to determine what the issue is with your phone, please perform a Camera Interactive Check on your phone. To do this launch the Samsung Members app> Get help> Interactive checks> Camera and follow the steps listed on the screen. If the camera failed during the test or an exclamation mark is displayed on the screen the best thing to do is to take your phone to one of our Samsung Support Centres. You can locate your nearest Support Centre by heading onto the Members app > Support > Service location. 

0 Likes