Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Blurry pictures/video sends on note 20 ultra using facebook messenger

(Topic created on: 26/12/20 19:37)
Makee
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I observed that sending pictures using facebook messenger makes blurry image on the recieving end of any phone. You have to download it to see it clearly. It happens on videos too. Is there any fix on this at the moment? Or is there an update for the phone on this issue? Most of the recievers of these images complain about it at and make a hassle out of it. 

14 REPLIES 14
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

That's a weird one @Makee 

I use both Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp and none of the sent or reviewed photo's on my N20 Ultra are blurred  !

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Makee
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

If you look at it on your phone yes i appears very clear but try to look at the one u send on another celphone. It appears blurry or it takes longer to load, sometimes wont load 100% at all so the the image becomes blurred. I have i friends with the same phone and we try sending picture. We see clearly on our phone but not on the one who recieves it. 

BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Yes that's what I meant , sorry.

When I send a photo to my partners phone which is a s20 or my adult's children's which are a mixture of Android phones they are clear too @Makee 

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
Makee
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Well there are inconsistency though. One or two picture sometimes sends clearly but sometimes its blurry. If group of pictures are sent it usually are blurry.  It could be a lot of factors, speed of the internet perhaps but clearly this does not happen with my previous note phones before. Hopefully samsung can fix that issue emmediately.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I'm leaning more towards Internet quality myself too.

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
Sirfoxelot
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Could be image compression used by WhatsApp and Messenger
0 Likes
Gmoney123
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hey mate, I have been having the same problem with my brand new Note 20 ultra,it is driving me mad. I have had Iphones since 2008 and I finally got tired of apple and decided to move to samsung,but this Is making me reconsider....

I have researched everywhere but cannot find a solution. even when I Change the quality ofthe video it still looks blurry on Facebook messenger...can someone helpplease??

0 Likes
Makee
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Well for start you can use nearby share installed in it to transfer files to someone else's phone its much easier and faster and retains quality. Of if files is send thru messenger all u need to do is download it and save then check on the gallery or wherever u save it. It will show a better quality.

0 Likes
Gmoney123
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I'm sending files through messenger as a communicate with my family across the world that way and unfortunately the nearby share will not be possible (and they all have Iphones).

They tried to download the files but it just doesn't improve the quality at all.

I tested sending a video from my galaxy Note20 Ultra through Facebook messenger and then the exact same video using my Old IPhone X and the discrepancy is just unreal....the video gets slightly compressed when sent from the IPhone (still great quality) but the video sent from the Galaxy gets completely pixulated and terrible.

Thanks again.

0 Likes