Did you mean: 

Blank screen only vibrates

(Topic created on: 06-02-2023 01:49 PM)
Soltakr
Explorer
Options
Hello

Phone was being used then went blank.

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, note sure what SW versions.

Phone vibrates when connected to a charger.

PC beeps if connected to phone.

(Under Device management shows up as Samsung Mobile USB Composite/Connectivity Device V2)

Dex doesn't recognise phone being connected.
Smart switch doesn't recognise the phone being connected.

(Using emergency software recovery and initialisation doesn't show up, using initialisation says please check connection. Emergency recovery asks fo code I do not know)

Power and Volume down 20sec just vibrate once

Power and Volume up and long vibrate

Both black screen

No Physical damage just scratched screen.

Phone connected to wifi says router/find my phone only shows last connection on timeline.

Calling phone just rings out

Not sure what steps to take now

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13
AshP_
Options

Hi @Soltakr, at this point, I'd recommend having your phone physically inspected by an engineer. If you're based in the UK, you can arrange a repair here. If you need further assistance, you can locate the contact details to reach support here.

0 Likes
Soltakr
Explorer
Options
How much would diagnostic cost?

I'm in Coventry, think nearest Samsung centre Birmingham or Leicester.
Thank you.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

This is something that only our colleagues will be able to say. Have you had a look at the available options using the link provided above? 

0 Likes
Soltakr
Explorer
Options
So checked and only option is screen replacement for 280. Not sure if Mrs wants to pay that.

As for my issue. This seems to be a not so common issue with having a Black Screen. As the phone is on I was hoping to back it up. So post suggested connecting to tv. Done that but presented with lockscreen with lock icon and time.

On my S20 ultra I plug in cable, tap anywhere to unlock and use thumb. On the Black death Note 20 nothing, thumbprint doesn't work or swiping, tapping or pen. Any other way to unlock?

Thanks
0 Likes
Soltakr
Explorer
Options
Right so using dock I have connected to tv. Off another forum, use keyboard and hit space bar then Pin and phone unlocked. Backing up phone at the moment.

No way of removing fingerprint and lockscreen in Dex?

I don't want to leave this setup at the moment while it's backing up/working.

Edit: exited Dex and removed fingerprints. So should be easier assess.
Thanks
0 Likes
Soltakr
Explorer
Options
So phone was left for a few days. Mrs didn't want to pay 280 from Samsung and 180 from phone shop for new screen as she back to her huawei.

I picked up the phone to box it away and I pressed the power button for ol times sake.

And the mofo turned on to show the 0% battery and recharge icon. Its on charge for 10min and it boots up and loaded just fine.

What the he'll samsung?

So not faulty screen it's OS then? Think it died to 0% only 2 times.
Thanks
0 Likes
Dipo Orims
Journeyman
Options

Hello, I have this exact problem on my Galaxy S10e. I was using the phone then I noticed it glitch for about 5 seconds and afterwards it just went blank in my hand. 

I also have these exact symptoms you shared. 

Phone vibrates when connected to a charger.
PC beeps if connected to phone.
(Under Device management shows up as Samsung Mobile USB Composite/Connectivity Device V2)
Dex doesn't recognise phone being connected.
Smart switch doesn't recognise the phone being connected.

How are you able to connect your fone to a TV? (What cable do I need for this) As I need to back up my device and then hopefully troubleshoot further or resign to fate.

I also doubt it's a screen problem. 
Soltakr
Explorer
Options
Hello
I used a dongle. Usbc to hdmi. Used it for hardwiring surface tablet to monitor in past. I think dex was already set up on phone before this happened so not sure how to get tv and phone to start dex. When I connected the dongle it mirrored the phone or I went from dex to mirror. Plugged in usb logi keyboard/trackpad for control. In any case leave it dead for a week if possible then see if power button turns it on to show 0% then put it on charge. Like I said I left it thinking it was dead and not wanting to repair it. After week being dead battery it restored itself somehow. After this it's been fine till I sold it to samsung in February. We have s22ultra(spare), S24 ultra and s24 plus now.

USB C to HDMI Adapter, Type C to HDMI 4K, USB 3.0 Port, USB C Charging Port Converter Adapter Compatible with MacBook/Nintendo Switch/Chromebook/Samsung Galaxy S8/S9 /Dell XPS 13/15 and More (Silver) https://amzn.eu/d/g6q1nAj
0 Likes
Dipo Orims
Journeyman
Options

Thank you very much for the super prompt reply.  I've checked out the USB-C to HDMi adapter and would order one. After backing up, I'd try leaving the phone off for a long while and keep my fingers crossed that it might somehow get the screen to come back on.