Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen. Phone not hard resetting.

(Topic created on: 21-11-2022 02:30 AM)
RS_uk
Student
Options

Note 20 ultra was fine last night when I went to bed, screen was black this morning but responded to me turning alarm off.

Have not dropped it or got it wet. Phone is in perfect condition and was new last year. 

Cannot perform hard reset, screen remains black even though handset vibrates. 

I am under maker's warranty still as it has broken withing 24 months.

Is there a way to fix this or get a replacement handset?

8 REPLIES 8
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Sounds like a fault unless someone can recommend an idea... going to your nearest Samsung Experience Store or maybe trying to book repair support online is your best way going forward.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

If you got it from your network you can go through that channel too as they have their own repair processes.
Official_Block
Navigator
Options
Try holding down the power button for 30 seconds whilst being charged.
0 Likes
RS_uk
Student
Options

I have already tried this, and the volume+power button to initiate reset. Same thing happens for both... Screen stays black and the handset vibrates but does not rest. 

0 Likes
Official_Block
Navigator
Options
Ok, sorry to hear that. I have no more ideas and the only thing you can do is go to the Samsung website and book a repair.
0 Likes
ChronicallyHannah
First Poster
Options
Im having this exact issue. We've tried all the fix tips I found online but nothing thus far is working. Its still beeping for notifications but the screen is completely black and hard reset is not working. Did you manage to get yours fixed in the end @RS_uk?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ChronicallyHannah: If your screen is unresponsive then please try pressing the Volume Down and Side Keys together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts to see if this helps. If not, please reach out to our Help Desk via the link below and an advisor will be able to assist you further, and arrange an engineers inspection for you. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
Midiman
Apprentice
Options

Have the same issue. Booked a repair but no parts in stock so are replacing it with A Galaxy S21 Ultra. All very well but trying to get my data backed up but cannot find any tools that will help without putting the phone in Debugging mode which cant be done with a dead screen. Anybody know of any solutions for this?

0 Likes
RaviSandip
Apprentice
Options

Hi, Did you get a solution for the problem? Thanks

0 Likes