Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery issue with Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.

(Topic created on: 26-06-2021 08:07 PM)
Awb51
First Poster
Options
I have recently over the last week or two found that it is running hot and I need to top up my phone to get to the end of the day. No real chage in usage. Is this something that will be rectified with a firmware or software update? Anyone else having a similar problem. 

Thanks Bert
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Please post your battery stats so we can narrow down the issue.
0 Likes
Awb51
First Poster
Options
Hi, thanks for your assistance. Is this what you are oozing for?Screenshot_20210626-192452_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, that's what I'm here for. When on the page you sent a screenshot of, if you tap on the graph, it will show a list of apps and how much battery they are using. Can you post a screenshot of that, please?
0 Likes
Awb51
First Poster
Options
Try this.Screenshot_20210626-201842_Device care_21560.jpg
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thank you. It was difficult to read when expanded but Your Phone Companion app is using a lot of battery. Try clearing the cache on that app. Since the last update Chrome has become a battery hog. The only option until a fix is to use another browser. Facebook is a drain. It's a poorly written app and there is no fix.

Another tip to help battery life is to clear system cache after each update.
Awb51
First Poster
Options
Thanks, I have cleared the cache on the apps you mentioned and uninstall the phone companion. Is there one place to clear the system cache? Cheers Bert
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sure, Turn off the device.Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.When the Samsung logo displays, release the Side key but continue holding Volume Up.When the Android Recovery screen appears, release Volume Up.An 'Installing system update' message may show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.Press Power key to select.Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes