Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery issue on galaxy note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 23-05-2023 04:31 PM)
AlanThomas
Explorer
Options
Hi all,
I recently bought an "excellent" condition note 20 ultra from the back market site and indeed the condition is better than excellent except the battery... the backup is soooo bad... i have to charge it twice a day to last until 10PM... the phone doesn't seem to be used much or maybe the person before me took good care however the battery sucks big time.. is it a software issue or every note 20 ultra battery is this bad because of the exynos?

Please suggest...
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
The note 20 ultra was released August 2020. Depending when the seller purchased, it may nearly be 3 years old. It might just be the battery needs replaced. Have you gone to support at the bottom of the members page. You can do some diagnostics and check the battery.
AlanThomas
Explorer
Options
I have done diagnostics on the phone and it says battery health is good...
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The Note 20 Ultra I had lasted a day quite easily. It was new then.
Was the Exynos phone as well.

But if that phone you have is a reasonable age now. Battery performance will drop.
Have you checked in battery and device care to see what is using the battery most.
Also if you used Smartswitch wirelessly to transfer data. It might be prudent to Wipe the Partition Cashe on the phone
AlanThomas
Explorer
Options
Since last full charge... you tell me what does the numbers say? Please...Screenshot_20230523_195852_Device care.jpg
AlanThomas
Explorer
Options
There are no apps or services that feast on battery... i don't know it just doesn't last... i think the battery is gone completely... the previous owner took good care of the phone with a case and screen guard and all but must've been a heavy user...
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
There doesn't seem to be any specific battery drain issues in your Since Last Full Charge data Alan. At three years old you should expect some battery degradation , but not this much in my opinion. My two year old S21 Ultra still performs almost as well as it did when new battery wise. My advice would be to price out a replacement battery regardless as a Note 20 Ultra with a strong battery is still a potent device today, and you are missing out on this somewhat. Do you notice heavy drain when using your camera for lengthy periods and does your phone charge excessively slowly or heat up noticeably when charging?.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
In your screen shot, I think you have caught the first part of the usage graph. It's not showing the full 4 hours and 57 mins from full charge. Try to retake the screen shot without touching the graph stats.
AlanThomas
Explorer
Options
No heat up luckily, but rest of the things is true... i don't use my phone at all during a 13 hour shift except for 1 hour total break and it would go down from 90 to 20% just in standby by the end of my shift and wouldn't last until i get back home after a 1 hour travel
AlanThomas
Explorer
Options
Roger that.. will see you soon... thanks very much 🙏🏼