Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery drain

(Topic created on: 30-05-2021 05:37 AM)
mozzie1000
Student
Options

My phone went from 50% to 0% overnight... Phone is set to dark mode. Noticed that   messages app is using 6% of battery, but not sure if that's the culprit

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Any other battery intensive apps that settings has displayed for you or you think that are the culprit? General battery intensive apps include; facebook, Instagram, tiktok, etc.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@mozzie1000 

Has your phone been OK and just started doing this ? have you downloaded anything new which may have affected the stability of your battery.

Have you moved location which may have a weaker signal connection that maybe pushing the phone harder to maintain connection ?

Can you run a full cycle of use and then upload a picture of your battery stats showing all the apps using your battery.

Some generic troubleshooting tips are  …

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

StephK1
Options

Have you checked your battery usage? To do this, please head to Settings > Device care > Battery > Battery usage. Take a look at the apps list, and find the app that is using the most power. Now, clear the cache and data of this app. You can do this in Settings > Apps > 3 dot menu > Show system apps > Find the app and select it > Storage > Clear cache/Clear data. Hope this helps 🙂

0 Likes
mozzie1000
Student
Options

Haven't tried all above yet -  it's a brand new phone, so not much on it - apps were transferred across from iphone... Can't believe you need to run through all these troubleshooting steps in 2021 on a flagship/expensive  phone

0 Likes
mozzie1000
Student
Options

it's been mostly OK, however last night it went from 50% to dead overnight. Looking at battery , cause of drain was One UI Home @ 40%

0 Likes
mozzie1000
Student
Options

mozzie1000_0-1622933136710.png

0 Likes