Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Are Samsung going to release a patch for the N20 Ultra poor battery life on Exynos?

(Topic created on: 14/10/20 23:17)
kradcliffe
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Well that's nearly 2 weeks with the handset and the battery life has not improved as they said it would.

Shutting down this, changing that, turning off 5G, changing display settings .... nothing has made any real difference.

We're lucky in the UK having 28 days for returns but it would be nice if Samsung could acknowledge if they consider the widely publicized poor battery life as an actual issue and that they are working on a fix.

If nothing is going to be changed I'd be as well return the handset now and look for something else.

I'm not even sure if Samsung even read posts on their own forums, there's only one guy ever seems to respond but he's nothing to do with Samsung (apparently)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
kradcliffe
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Unfortunately I've had more missed calls today. Can't go on like this. I had a call drop in a specific place a couple of times, put the sim in my Note 8 and everything was fine again. 

I've sent an email requesting a collection and refund. Between this and the battery life this handset has been a waste of my time. Samsung aren't the same company they used to be. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39
Dholking
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Battery life on my Exynos Note 20 Ultra has definitely got better since I first got it (launch day). Personally for me I'm getting around 6-7 hours of screen on time. I would consider myself to be a medium power user (gaming, camera, YouTube, Spotify bluetooth etc).
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

May you send a device care screenshot?

0 Likes
kradcliffe
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I did a factory reset and never restored settings in the backup. Got nearly 6 hours SOT with the display around 50 percent. Not brilliant but probably OK. 

0 Likes
maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

It is like Samsung is running a scam by not telling its customers that their phone is much more inferior than the one being sold in the US and even in their home market S.Korea.

This will be my last Samsung for sure back to iPhone

JerryRigEverything

https://youtu.be/XU52BmNR8q4 

0 Likes
kradcliffe
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Took the phone off charge at 5pm tonight, home after midnight and still 77 percent left. That's pretty decent. 

0 Likes
yorkie68
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
its alot bigger phone running more mine last couple days
0 Likes
kradcliffe
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Well I've still got just over a week to decide whether I return or not. Apart from the battery life there are issues with the signal as well. There are places I get data on other handsets but nothing on the N20 Ultra. I've also found incoming calls going to voicemail for no reason and quite a few dropped calls. 

Shame as this is a good handset otherwise. 

0 Likes
Solution
kradcliffe
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Unfortunately I've had more missed calls today. Can't go on like this. I had a call drop in a specific place a couple of times, put the sim in my Note 8 and everything was fine again. 

I've sent an email requesting a collection and refund. Between this and the battery life this handset has been a waste of my time. Samsung aren't the same company they used to be. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
suntzu30
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I was worries about this phone when I first got it but today it seems to have done pretty well, 14 hours since I took it off charge with 4 hours screen on time and I'm sitting at 38% just now.

when I first got the phone id normally be topping up the charge around 7 hours into the working day.
0 Likes
Jarvinhio14
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

See I thought this was ok, but then realised I have turned my 5G off, disabled nearly all my apps, screen brightness under halfway and my screen time was only 3hrs and 23m and that's from 100% to 6% my best screen time since having the phone was 5 hours 20m from 100% - 10%. for me, this is dreadful for an £1100 phone. I want my Note 10+ back but I traded it in on any time upgrade. 

0 Likes
kradcliffe
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Noticed there was new firmware out when packaging up the phone for return. Seems it's purely a security update. Maybe nothing can be done about the battery or they're still working on it. Who knows as they don't communicate.

0 Likes
Benny_B66
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Reviewers such as Sakitech even admit that they are not independent reviewers and so only speak favourably. I think the S20 ultra is a better size battery for the sake screen size. 

0 Likes
Drake1
Back for More
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Just a little update, might be of interest might not.

As some might have seen i have been having massive disappointment with the screen washed out.
well today, I have been using custom widgets and been on the phone all day.
I have also set the screen to dark mode. Now whilst I know this will help battery, I have been in and out of dark mode all day.

I am not sure what I was getting previously battery wise but half a day and it was low.

Today I am on 7 hours and still got 40 percent. This leads me to believe what ever they have going on with the screen being washed out might also be related to the battery. Ie dimmed down as the panel is causing the drain whilst they work on it.

Samsung also said they where aware about the screen and are working on it.

I might be wrong, but thought I would let you all know.
kradcliffe
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I swapped it for the Note 10 plus and its been excellent. Great battery life from day one. 

djshaunyg
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
samsung batteries are *****! it will never get fixed! go and buy an iphone
dexter2510
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
i have same problem with note 20 ultra,i make battery test and they say like everything its good bla bla bla....and now after 3 weeks i make 2nd appointment and i will give them back the phone((((
0 Likes
JerrySN
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Quite bad news for battery just know, all 865 CPU will have battery issue no matter what brand, I am hesitating to switch to old phone or still using note 20.

0 Likes
Frederickdawg
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Indeed. I'm no Samsung fan boy and have owned various Samsung snapdragon models in the past. If one don't tweak out of the box then one won't get good battery SOT times. I'm currently using a dual sim non 5G Note 20 Ultra and its been good for me. Caveat is I use 60hz and debloated but that's how what I do with all my devices. 

0 Likes
Frederickdawg
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I think it's safe to assume that it you typical battery screen on times are anything from 4 to 8 hours on the exynos model. I value battery life debloated my device and don't run that fancy 120hz. I get about 7-9 hours of screen on time. But with all the bells and whistles enabled cut that figure in half.

Not being rude, but all their bells and whistles plus battery hogging apps like Snapchat and Facebook are battery leaches. Regardless of how much one paid for a device.

0 Likes