Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Are Samsung going to release a patch for the N20 Ultra poor battery life on Exynos?

(Topic created on: 05/09/20 23:13)
kradcliffe
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Well that's nearly 2 weeks with the handset and the battery life has not improved as they said it would.

Shutting down this, changing that, turning off 5G, changing display settings .... nothing has made any real difference.

We're lucky in the UK having 28 days for returns but it would be nice if Samsung could acknowledge if they consider the widely publicized poor battery life as an actual issue and that they are working on a fix.

If nothing is going to be changed I'd be as well return the handset now and look for something else.

I'm not even sure if Samsung even read posts on their own forums, there's only one guy ever seems to respond but he's nothing to do with Samsung (apparently)

39 REPLIES 39
kradcliffe
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

All very well but the apparent lack of testing prior to release would have stopped so many handsets being returned and all the bad publicity. Interesting the reviewers never picked this up!

0 Likes
NoteGuyIreland
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I have had my Exynos for two weeks now and I'm on 8-9 SoT, nothing turned off or down to achieve that.
My Note 10 plus 5G was a bit better though but the difference is maybe 10%
I'll take the 120hz display over that no problem.
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@NoteGuyIreland 

That's pretty impressive SOT ?

Can you put up a screenshot of your battery stats from Device Care please ?

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.0/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

woah that is impressive may you send a device care screenshot?

0 Likes
NoteGuyIreland
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Good idea
0 Likes
Dholking
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Battery life on my Exynos Note 20 Ultra has definitely got better since I first got it (launch day). Personally for me I'm getting around 6-7 hours of screen on time. I would consider myself to be a medium power user (gaming, camera, YouTube, Spotify bluetooth etc).
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

May you send a device care screenshot?

0 Likes
kradcliffe
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I did a factory reset and never restored settings in the backup. Got nearly 6 hours SOT with the display around 50 percent. Not brilliant but probably OK. 

0 Likes
maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

It is like Samsung is running a scam by not telling its customers that their phone is much more inferior than the one being sold in the US and even in their home market S.Korea.

This will be my last Samsung for sure back to iPhone

JerryRigEverything

https://youtu.be/XU52BmNR8q4 

0 Likes
kradcliffe
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Took the phone off charge at 5pm tonight, home after midnight and still 77 percent left. That's pretty decent. 

0 Likes