Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 13 One UI 5 Internal Storage missing after update

(Topic created on: 09-12-2022 04:40 PM)
cesarcg
Journeyman
Options

I have a Galaxy Note20 which was updated to Android 13 ONE UI 5 last December 4th, everything seem to be fine until different applications started to give different kind of errors, but all of them related to the access to the internal storage, as an example, the Gallery shows an empty image when opening a photo from the gallery, the thumbnails are not affected, the image in WhatsApp are not accessible, the Camera cannot be used as the internal storage is not available, in Files there is no internal storage available.

Tried wiping the cache in recovery mode, also checked the Special Access in Applications and all of them, including Media Storage have access, so far, the only workaround I have is to restart the phone every 3-4 hours.

My last option is to do a Factory Reset in order try to solve this issue, is there anything else I can try?

17 REPLIES 17
cesarcg
Journeyman
Options

Hello @PaulM1 , please check the images below, they show the error messages in Spanish as the phone is on this language, but the issue, as this affect the Internal Storage, affects in the same way all the applications that makes use of the Internal Storage like Files, WhatsApp, Camera, Gallery, OneDrive, etc, only restarting the phone fixes it, but I have to restart it easily 3 times in a day:

20221217-06480420221217-06473120221217-06471820221217-06460420221217-06452820221217-064518

Also, I had to take the photos from another phone as the screenshots cannot be taken, the 5th image shows the error message in this case.

Thanks.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for sharing the photos, @cesarcg. As you have followed a variety of steps already, I do think that a Factory reset would be the best resolution in this case:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...

As ever, please ensure that you have backed up all of your important data before initiating the reset.

Please let me know how you get on.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Turn off ur device > Connect the type C cable to the computer or any data shareing device > press the power button and volume up button and go to boot menu > wipe cache partition and Repair Apps > Reboot System now > its done 👍

0 Likes
saisachchito
Student
Options

Hi
I'm from India and my phone got updated to One UI Core Version 5.0 / Android 13. I've been facing the same trouble too. Is there any lates fix which anyone could find? This seems to be one of the most useless bugs I've ever seen and it's pathetic to know the phone auto-ejects it's own Mind (the Internal Storage)!

0 Likes
saisachchito
Student
Options

Hi
I own a Samsung Galaxy F22 in India. My phone got updated to One UI Core Version 5.0 / Android 13 two days ago and I've been facing the same issue. After going through the forums, I learnt that there isn't any other solutions other than to wait for a new update, I went ahead and performed a Data Wipe / Factory Reset as I had the liberty of not losing any files because all my files are either backed-up to Microsoft OneDrive or Google Drive and my phone settings to Samsung Cloud. It's been a few hours since I reset my entire phone and the problem doesn't seem to occurring. 
Thanks 

Diesel93
Journeyman
Options

Hi (From France),

i have exactly the same problem on my Note 20 Ultra 5G since i update to Android 13

every morning even if i put it in secure mode, storage is 0/0

i have to reboot it to have 128/256

Same Probleme with SD 0/0

after reboot 83/256

it is not hardware failure, it's OS's bug i think

20221222_084933.jpgBug Stockage1.pngScreenshot_20221215_155944_My Files.jpg

0 Likes
Diesel93
Journeyman
Options

Only a hard reset solve the problem

It's ok now for me ....

0 Likes
Hari_SamgA12
First Poster
Options

Hi Friends,

Hard reset will erase the data right?

Is there any other way without erasing data?

0 Likes