Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android 12 update caused browser app bug

(Topic created on: 19-01-2022 05:54 AM)
RaySim
Student
Options

After updating my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G to Android 12 UI 4.0 there is a bug with some URL's opening in desktop view, instead of mobile view. When I go into the browser menu, i see the setting to switch to desktop view, so the browser is already set to mobile view, but the URL is displayed in desktop view. Switching to desktop view has no effect on how the URL is being displayed. Tapping the setting to mobile view has no effect on how the URL is being displayed. The three Android browser apps having this issue are Google, DuckDuckGo and Microsoft Edge. The reproduce this issue go to www.homedepot.com

This was not an issue on my phone when it was running previous Android OS's.

The strange thing is the Samsung Internet App does not have this issue.
Regards,

Ray

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I would suggest reaching out to the developers of those apps affected and still send feedback via the Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Virs
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same issue. Was this resolved?

0 Likes
RaySim
Student
Options

No, it hasn't been resolved. I contacted Samsung and they had me wipe the cache and hard reset the device. I asked if there was a way to roll back to Android 11 and they said no.

When I reported this issue I notified the developers of the Chrome, DuckDuckGo and Edge. App browsers. Since then, the device has received App updates for these browsers, but they haven't resoled the issue. 

0 Likes