Did you mean: 

Advise Note 20 Ultra - Rectangle on Screen

(Topic created on: 22-08-2022 02:52 AM)
AndroidNerd
Explorer
Options

20220818_211720.jpg

Hello,

Can anyone advise what is this, Whenever i have a really dark blank screen i can see this rectangle

i m not sure if its screen burnt or what as i can't see this when watching normal or other colour things, but only on black colour, 

Rebooted the phone, Changed Wallpaper but still see please advise

8 REPLIES 8
alachip
Apprentice
Options
I think it is an asset not loading. You should check WiFi
0 Likes
N1NJATH3ORY
Voyager
Options
Glue Gate this is a know issue quick question is your exynos or snapdragon ?
0 Likes
brokenpinata
Student
Options

Same issue for me, mine's a snapdragon.

0 Likes
N1NJATH3ORY
Voyager
Options
I own snapdragon model imported it into UK from Singapore

My note 20 ultra is fine! Are you in a hot country ?

Best to ring Samsung get the oled panel replaced it's defective.

My theory is people keep running there phones hot with heavy brightness and battery heating up its like the glue hasn't cured fully and that messes it up usually my first 3 months of phone usage I never ever go above 10% brightness let the hardware settle in then it's fine well that's my theory I got no concrete proof

But yeah ring Samsung and good luck if my phone was to develop a fault Samsung uk will not even touch this phone due warranty void stupid rules so yeah I've taken a gamble
0 Likes
brokenpinata
Student
Options

Nope, I live in Pennsylvania, USA. Hottest it gets is 90s for a few weeks during the summer. 

And I've had mine since launch, Aug 2020, so it's well out of warranty. I'm just going to deal with it, since it's only a minor annoyance. 

Sitsi
First Poster
Options

Oh man, mine is exactly like that, the same exact shape. It must be the shape of something internal, because it is the exact same shape, including the curvatures in the corners!

0 Likes
Options

Exactly the same issue. Mine is Exynos (SM-986B/DS) I've been using this phone since November 2020.

Also sometimes the whole screen lights up with a bright white flash. When locked always on screen has green lines. (Gets fixed automatically)

Noticed that glue is coming out from the frame/back plate and now its loose. I think this flash thing is because of short circuit due to moisture ingress. But not sure about this rectangular box thing.

I'm from Sri Lanka and its hot and humid here. I think this is the reason.

0 Likes
Options

Happens to both I guess. Mine is Exynos.

0 Likes