Support

Open search

What is Samsung doing!?

Highlighted
Overseer
Since the S20 series and the Note 20 series have come out, Samsung seems to be heading back to the way they started out, dashing in all the useless, gimmicky features and not actually considering the essentials. I'm considering switching to iOS. What do you think?
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Smooth Operator
same as, they rush out and ruin phones lately, bad camera, exynos chip is awful, over heating, poor battery and riddled with issues and slow if not any fix, The amount of bad comments and issues coming up on the Samsung member page is unreal, after the nad service and horrible s10 and s20 im done with Scamsung when my contract ends
Highlighted
Overseer
Thinking to go to iOS too
Highlighted
Explorer

After returning my S20 ultra due to poor battery life and overheating issues , I was waiting to see how Samsung handled the Note 20 U in the UK. Can’t believe they have made exactly the same mistakes. I will definitely be switching back to iOS for the first time in 4 years. 

Samsung S20 Ultra 5g 512gb (returned to EE)
Samsung Galaxy watch 4g 42mm
Samsung Buds+
Highlighted

Switching back to an iPhone and iOS is a definite No for me.

After using Android which is open source I wouldn't be able to how Apple vigorously sandbox their iOS software and hardware !

I agree the phone's can be packed with features and functions some don't use or use rarely or when they remember it's there but on the flip side some will use them and at some point have possibly asked for them in feedback.

The key here is feedback which can be done via the Samsung Members App.

Thankfully the phone and android firmware is so customisable that lot's can be disabled or uninstalled to tweak the phone to match the owners wants and needs.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Highlighted

Samsung have had plenty of feedback over the S20 issues yet they have completely ignored it. You can’t defend the fact they have made exactly the same mistakes with both phones. Pitching a phone aimed at business/professionals but thinking we are dumb enough not to do our research before purchasing. Sticking with the same Exynos chip while giving other markets an improved chip with less over heating and better battery life. I absolutely loved my Note 9 best phone I ever owned  , I have owned every Note phone including the Note 7 , and I still stuck with Samsung due to the software experience. Recently sold my Note 9 and have been using my old iPhone 7 Plus , updated it to iOS beta 5 and to be honest iOS has massively improved. 
you also get the same iPhone chip /performance/battery life regardless of where in the world you buy it. Why stay loyal to a brand which is now treating me as a second class consumer but charging me the same if not more as their first class consumers based on where I live?

Samsung S20 Ultra 5g 512gb (returned to EE)
Samsung Galaxy watch 4g 42mm
Samsung Buds+
Highlighted
Smooth Operator
@marilla from the s10 to the s20 they could have improved and listened to customers but if people keep the phones and don't send them back they will never learn, even their customer care is awful they have so many untrained staff that don't know anything and you are on hold for so long, The s10 s20 and now the note camera is suppose to be not good either but yet every iPhone I see has a great camera, not underpowered and you can side load most apps now like android, so I guess I'll be going back to ios too especially seeing the massive flop the note 20 has been, they just know they can scam people from their hard earned money and think an update will make people happy that improves nothing, I've never had to try change so many settings, clear cache, factory reset phone or anything as much as samsungs lately, shocking really
Highlighted

Nice to know I'm not the only one considering returning this and going back to ios. I usually like to swap between the two but have been with samsung and android now for the last 3 or 4 years and that's the longest I've gone without swapping. 

I was torn before buying this whether to hold off and get the iPhone anyway...but my stupid impatient self got the better of me. But I just can't stand the battery issues I'm having and I don't feel like its been a worthy upgrade so far. 

I'm scared of being stuck with a device thats not going to perform for my needs for another year. 

So I'm seriously considering a return to avoid this. I usually hate to do that as well!

Highlighted
Smooth Operator
@ads46 I was like you and got stuck with the s10 that had an amazing camera.... which is awful, now I'm stuck with it for another 6 months, send it back dont get stuck with it
Highlighted

@jasonseery yeah I know what you mean. Its not good is it. The worst thing is, the camera shots always usually look decent til you post them anywhere and they get compressed and terrible quality. I've photos took on my last iPhone that look better on social media that some of the ones I've took on my samsungs. 

The thing is, you're drawn in by the reviews and the specs that in theory should make it better. You look at an iPhone and see the 12mp cameras and think they surely can't be as good but somehow they're always better and they process images better and more consistently. I suppose that can be said about everything on iPhone....the battery size even...they all have smaller batteries than any Samsung I've had but they've all lasted longer throughout an average day and it proves its clearly just down to better optimisation on all fronts.

Top Liked Authors