Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending back the Samsung note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 13-09-2020 02:03 PM)
Julie84
Voyager
Options
Called up Samsung and told them problems I was having to be told I can get a replacement so agreed to them be told will be 2 weeks they come get the returned phone back to hold it in quarantine for 3 days test it for 2 then order a replacement. I asked if its a brand new phone to be told yes I then questioned the fact why test it for 2 days for your engineer to come back with there's nothing wrong with it if that happens what will happen from they're all I got told was then should be a new phone. So I just decided they're and then I'm not being taken for a ride and opted for the refund. I got informed of 2 reps the Battery should last 2 days well I can confirm that is bull I don't even get 5 hours
37 REPLIES 37
bluace
Voyager
Options
@julie84 ahh I see what you mean maybe see if you can exchange the phone for another as I have read alot of ppl are having the same problem ,, I just dont think I could ever use a phone without Google but all the best to you @julie84 really hope you get it sorted soon
Julie84
Voyager
Options
No the Huawei p40 Pro hasn't got Google on the phone as standard because of all the restrictions the p30 Pro and older phones did have Google installed as standard don't get me wrong u could have installed it many YouTube videos on how to but yeah I really liked it personal preference really
0 Likes
kradcliffe
Voyager
Options

Consider the Note 10 plus. I just got one as a replacement for the terrible Note 20 ultra and its fine. No issues whatsoever and only £749 from Samsung just now. 

Julie84
Voyager
Options
@bluace yeah most likely will be doing that gutted to be honest as was my first note for many years last note I had was the note 4. Used to always be Samsung I swore by in till my note 4 went a bit funny so thought would give it another go as I especially like the look of this phone and obviously sounded good on paper but not so much when it having the actual experience with the phone if the battery was a bit better would consider keeping it but couldn't justify the price with the poor battery life.
0 Likes
bluace
Voyager
Options
@julie84 so awful to hear i had the ultra and my partner had the normal note the only reason I swapped was because of the size but we have been v v lucky with out battery's yes the phone is great feel maybe try what @kradcliffe said about the note 10 plus I had that also that was a great phone and it has gone down in price , no defo not you need a phone what lasts not 4 to 5 hrs thats just awful battery life
0 Likes
Julie84
Voyager
Options
@bluace how is your battery on the phone do u get good battery life? Yeah it is a shame I like a big phone too hence me getting it as obviously is bought than the p40 Pro.
0 Likes
roryh86
Pioneer
Options

Hi.

Yeah it looks like your battery drain is higher than usual. Weird. Yesterday I tried an overnight battery drain test. I posted the details on another thread, but in summary it drained 6% in 9 hours, from 4am to 1pm (screenshot attached). And for usual screen on time I'm getting around 6+ hours with 120Hz, and almost 8 hours on 60Hz (screenshot). Everyone is comparing N20U to older phones screen on time (e.g Note 10), but it seems everyone is forgetting old phones are 60Hz and this has a bigger screen. Try 60Hz battery drain for fair comparison. 

20200913_132535.jpg

Screenshot_20200913-130351_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20200913-002454_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Julie84
Voyager
Options
@roryh86 hi thanks for the reply im looking at your screenshot are u including the battery being charged as ur onscreen time also? taken ur phone is not the snapdragon chip? yeah phone going back tomorrow gutted to be honest but can't justify keeping it at the rate the battery drains
0 Likes
bluace
Voyager
Options
on my partners ultra he can go from morn til 10pm and it will last him all day he doesn't have to put it on charge and he does use it alot for drawing same with mine il take off charge from 8am and will last me til I pop it on charge around 10pm I did turn off the alwaysbon display and I have my brightness on half level I honestly believe its pure luck with these samsung phones we got them from very not from Samsung site its just all a sad shame hearing ppl not getting even a day out of there phone thats not right at all
Julie84
Voyager
Options
yeah seems u did get lucky with how long yours last.wouldnt be bad if I could get that amount time out it as wouldn't mind spending the money on it then but narkwy even 5 hours is terrible im only on Facebook etc not much of a big user
0 Likes