Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund processing time

(Topic created on: 06-10-2020 10:30 AM)
HopwoodUK
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I recently returned my Note 20 Ultra for a refund, I can see on the DPD site the package has been delivered.  

Does anyone know the approximate time for refund to get processed.  I did not get an email from Samsung to say the device had arrived, should I expect communications from Samsung on the progress of the return and refund.

Some companies send coms for every step of a return, and some don't but I have never returned anything to Samsung so I have no experience of the process.

All the best.
Peter

25 REPLIES 25
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In the UK it says 5 to 10 working days from receipt of the item(s) @davehorne 

You would have to check your countries small print.

As your aware from my posts in this thread Samsung Uk Online Shop logistics were saying the Samsung Case wasn't in the box with the phone and buds live. I'm glad I took time and date stamped pictures.

I pointed out I had actually bought the same case again at full price as I was intending to buy another N20 Ultra.

I sent the original case back as Samsung had discounted it by around £8 so figured they would want it back.

My confusion was how this alone stopped the refund of the phone and then by all means carry on the investigation over the case.

I had to escalate to Customer Resolutions to a Care Manager via the UK CEO route to come to a reasonable outcome of a refund.

I should haven't had to escalate this to that level in my opinion.

The lack of responses from emails and then response times when I did receive a reply was frustrating.

I get that some Samsung Agents are working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic but still Customer support is key.

Sometimes things go wrong to which I'm sure most accept but then it's down to how this is corrected that instils confidence back into the products and company.

My learning curve is to only visit my local Samsung Experience Store to purchase next time.  :winking-face:

I wish you all the best with your current situation.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I returned my Note 20 Ultra along with the Ear Buds on the 10th of September and they arrived to Samsung here in the Netherlands on the 11th of September.

I've called several times over the last three weeks and today received an email stating everything was received in good order and they are processing my refund.

I imagine within several days my bank account will be credited.

It seems here in the Netherlands the refund time under one month.

My only reason for returning the items, Vodafone offered the same phone for €1085, I paid €1299 and received the free ear buds.

As an aside, I pre ordered the Bose Ear Buds 700 which they now call the Quiet Comfort Ear Buds which should arrive today

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I just now checked my bank account and I see €1299 has been deposited.

I returned the phone and ear buds on the 10th of September, they arrived the next day, and I received the refund today, 5 October.

Watch4 Classic
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Nearly one month waiting for a refund in any country isn't reasonable in my opinion @davehorne 

In the shop FAQ's in the UK it clearly states 5 to 10 working day's.

Once bitten twice shy comes to mind for me.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I can imagine with so many working from home, this causes work force issues.

When I spoke with a representative I could hear she was at home working from her laptop.

I would have however preferred more communication from Samsung regarding my return. 

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes
IanPea
First Poster
Options

I bought a Frame TV on 3rd Nov, paid and cancelled the next day for a bigger one and paid for this. The first one wasn't delivered but I can't seem to get my money back. Samsung took £1000 for an order never shipped and after being patient and dealing with support agents four times today they ended the chat abruptly again not resolving the issue. I would never shop direct and next time go to Curry's and but another brand. Shameful support. this £1000 may have been the difference between buying Christmas presents for my family and not. Very dissatisfied at what amounts to incompetence. Ian

0 Likes