Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund processing time

(Topic created on: 25-09-2020 09:57 AM)
HopwoodUK
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I recently returned my Note 20 Ultra for a refund, I can see on the DPD site the package has been delivered.  

Does anyone know the approximate time for refund to get processed.  I did not get an email from Samsung to say the device had arrived, should I expect communications from Samsung on the progress of the return and refund.

Some companies send coms for every step of a return, and some don't but I have never returned anything to Samsung so I have no experience of the process.

All the best.
Peter

25 REPLIES 25
HopwoodUK
Journeyman
Options
Hi @BandOfBrothers,

I agree I would also not argue over the cost of the case, it is interesting that the case seems to be the sticking point for both of us.

I still have not had an update from the samsung shop . Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Peter
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yeah it's a conundrum @HopwoodUK 

Not sure why they didn't refund the phone and then query the case. They were fine just refunding the Buds Live that were free 

There's no reason to not refund the phone as it's a separate entity.🙄

I've sent them pictures I took of the open box before I sealed it and photos of the products and Return Notes.

I'm told they'll get back to the logistics team.

All together not a positive experience thus far in regards to the Returning of a product.

🤞

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Deeplay68
Explorer
Options

Sorry to hear they messing you around on the refund. But the amount of people im hearing of who are returning the wholly inept EU note 20 ultra variant must be costing them a small fortune. Sure Samsung can well afford it but this is snowballing now so maybe they are doing all they can to try stall refunds. Hope you get it fixed soon though and get your money back as is your right.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thank you @Deeplay68 

People will return phone's for all sorts of reasons from not being happy with performance to buyers remorse i.e change of mind.

I'm hoping for a positive outcome next week as then they will have hit their Terms of a refund taking 5-10 working days after receipt of return.

🤞

HopwoodUK
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Today I got an email from Samsung returns, telling me which of the 2 cases they want me to return, not that it was bundled but because there was a discount on the case when purchased with the phone. 

This is odd, it must be a process issue as I purchased 2 phones and I am keeping one of the phones, but the process must have linked the case to one of the phones, so you return that phone you must return the case.  

I agree via email, then 5 minutes later I get a DPD tracking number and a note to say DPD will pick up the case tomorrow.  No problem with this.

The a little later I get an email to say my original phone has been refunded, great. 

But this begs the question do I really need to return the case, I asked this via email but at the moment no reply. 

As I have told Samsung several times, I do not want to return the case at all. I suspect the end results of this will be, I will return a case I want to keep, get a refund and then order the same case again 🤣.  

Peter

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @HopwoodUK 

Similar situation to me.

Looking at my Samsung order the case was discounted by around £8. I didn't expect a reduction and nor was this advised when I ordered it. It just applied itself and I've only noticed as I was looking through my recent orders on my Samsung Account.

But in my situation I returned the case along with the N20 Ultra phone and Buds Live all in the same parcel, and they are saying they can't seem to find the Samsung Black Leather Case.

In your situation I'd suggest to them to charge me the £8 and I keep the case. It's madness to have to return a case I assume has been opened and used to then re buy another same one at full price being brand new and un opened !

In my situation I've advised that I'm not going to halt the refund of the N20 Ultra for the sake of £35.00 for the case.

Heck I've even purchased the Mystic Black versions of the Buds Live as I liked them so much.

When you email the Samsung Online Shop Team it can take 5 + days to get a reply unfortunately which is because I think most of the agents are working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic which exasperates the process.

I wish you all the best with this situation and I'm just waiting and hoping.

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I mailed in my Note 20 Ultra and the Ear Buds on the 10th of September and they arrived on the 11th.

I called Samsung today because it is now two weeks later.

A minor irritation, the young ladies I spoke to seem to have an Indian accent though they spoke Dutch.  The inflection / sing-song makes it difficult to follow them in Dutch or even in English, for me at least.

My wife was listening in and she could follow because she was anticipating the accents in different places.

At any rate, I was told I will receive the refund next week, €1299.

I can't prove this, but it seems if you call, you get processed quicker.  I had the same feeling when I followed up on the refund for my Clear View cover, as soon as I called, the refund was being worked on.

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@davehorne 

Thank you for your update 

I did ring too and was told my refund would happen on the 15/9/20 which didn't happen.

Maybe its a standardised 2 week refund process ? 

So I'm still waiting myself for the refund. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @HopwoodUK 

So after quite an ordeal I've finally recieved the refund for the N20 Ultra and Samsung case today from Samsung UK.

I'm disappointed at the journey I've had to undertake to recieve the refund to say the least.

🙄

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I returned my Note 20 Ultra and the Ear Buds Live on the 10th of September and they arrived on the next day.

I called yesterday yet again to learn the status and called twice today because I received what must have been an automated reply that only confused me further.

I was told refunds take two weeks, I'm over two weeks, and there should be more information tomorrow.

I'll call again Friday.  I'm less than thrilled.

I would have liked to have received an email days after my returned package arrived.

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case