Support

Open search

Alternative to Samsung Note20 Ultra 5G

Highlighted
Back for More
Since number of complains about the battery life and overheating on Note20 Ultra Exynos version is increasing, I wonder what currebtly can be the alternative to it? I'm not bothered about s-pen. 
S20 Ultra and S20+ have same issues. 
I know Xiaomi MI 10 Ultra is decent phone, but it is not released globally and probably never will. One Plus 8 Pro is nice too, but I heard there are some screen issues?
So what is the true alternative to Note20 Ultra??? 
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Smooth Operator
its a shame how bad samsung have went the s10 s20 and note have all suffered the same faith but I'd be interested to see answers with a new worth device, I'm switching from Samsung too, they're not what they use to be!
Highlighted
I have the S20+ Exynos. My last charge was yesterday at 13:42. I've now got 45% battery left.

Send all apps to deep sleep, except the apps that send you important notifications. turn off Super fast and fast charge. Set up bixby routines. tbh, I haven't experienced any over heating issues or fast battery drain yet. Probably helps that I don't game as much.
Galaxy S20+ G986B/DS Enterprise Edition (EE) Unlocked "UI 2.5"
Highlighted
Navigator

I'm in the same boat. Unless things improve magically this weekend or Samsung release a patch I will be calling for a return on Monday. As you say the Mi 10 Ultra isn't really available and the one plus 8 Pro has no SD support which is important to me. Think I'm just going to use my Note 8 and hold off for a while. If only the Note 20 ultra had better battery life it would be near enough perfect but sadly not unfortunately. 

Highlighted
Back for More
I wish Samsung released SD version of Note20 Ultra in the UK. Such a shame US gets better phone in terms of speed, battery life and even usage of thermal components.
Is US version would be OK to use in the UK?
Highlighted
Explorer
I am getting a full 18hrs + out of my ultra with no problem or overheating. a great phone
Highlighted
Navigator

So why are some getting good battery life and others getting very little?

You would think all the phones were the same but there's definitely something going on here.......

Highlighted
Smooth Operator
can't be that hit and miss something is wrong, 100s are complaining about it, don't settle for a faulty device then get a refund or replacement
Highlighted

@Libroid wrote:
I wish Samsung released SD version of Note20 Ultra in the UK. Such a shame US gets better phone in terms of speed, battery life and even usage of thermal components.
Is US version would be OK to use in the UK?

@Libroid 

You would have no warranty support for the imported phone. 

5G may not work and I've read some are experiencing intermittent signal loss which maybe due to the frequencies and bands.

It's suggested to buy a Hong Kong version and not one from the states.

Also check that there is no Region lock.

And check any import fee's too.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Highlighted
I have zero battery or heating up problems with my Exynos Note 20 Ultra
Top Liked Authors