Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB type-c Akg headphones sound very poor since firmware update

(Topic created on: 31-10-2020 07:58 AM)
biguglychef
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

Havent had any luck since encountering this problem a couple of weeks ago.

I usually use sennheiser bluetooth headphones for my music, but have recently started using the OEM AKG USB-C headset when making calls.  Initially the sound quality was excellent and the microphone fantastic for phone calls.

Since I (finally) installed the firmware update though, the sound has almost halved in volume at the same system volume.  Is there a workaround, or a way to roll back/push new updates to the Headphone firmware?

They are the USB-C AKG headset the came with the Galaxy note 10+.

Thanks all

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @biguglychef 

Unfortunately a person cannot " rollback firmware " via the phones settings once the firmware has been downloaded and installed.

The only way is via using a Custom Rom.

The xdadevelopers site is a good place to learn about this.

Disclaimer 》 

Using a Custom Rom can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used.

A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision. Samsung would levy a charge to put this right.

That said also try....

Check the port for any debris.

Try another set of earphones.

First try Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens. If it stops then one or more of your apps are causing this. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time until it stops.

If the issue does not stop in Safe Mode then..

1. Turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache.  No info is lost this way.

If no help....

2. Back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset as a last resort.

If no help.....

3. Use a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre when the re open after the COVID-19 pandemic ends.

4. Contact your countries Samsung Support Department.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
zani79
First Poster
Options

Im facing the same issue 

0 Likes
JARM5
First Poster
Options

I'm also having this issue and it's definitely the firmware Update. Just got a a brand new pair from Samsung for the Note 20 Ultra by mail and after the update volume suddenly halved.

0 Likes
-_-Anish_-_
First Poster
Options

Try changing your volume limit settings. Settings / Sounds and vibration / Volume / 3 dots / Media volume limit. Turn on the limiter (its already on by default but turning it on here let's you set a higher, custom limit) and set a higher custom limit to increase your maximum volume. Keep in mind that the default limit exists to protect younger people from damaging their hearing so I wouldn't recommend this if you're under 40

0 Likes
Peterchisco
First Poster
Options

Good day. I have bought 3 different earpiece yet I still get this sound that starts well and feds away when I use a earpiece on my note 10 plus. It's perfectly fine without earpiece. 

0 Likes