Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Number

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 09:18 AM)
Callum87
Navigator
Options
Hello everyone,

When I go to about phone on my Note 10 plus 5G, It states that my number is unknown. How do I change this to my phone number?
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
brettz
Navigator
Options
mine says same thing note 10 plus 5g. i think its to do with taking your number from one provider to another, it makes no difference to your phone though.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You could ask for a blank sim card from your network provider and perform a sim swap to move your number and tariff from your current sim to the blank one which should resolve this if it's annoying you @Callum87 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AzadRobertson
Pathfinder
Options
hi there. my a20e does that as well. it's nothing to worried about it should correct itself in a couple if weeks or months. my j3 16 took about 5months to recognize phone number.
AzadRobertson
Pathfinder
Options
in fact it still says unknown and I got it for xmas (my a20e).
0 Likes
Callum87
Navigator
Options
I have never moved my number. I have always had the same number with the same provider.
0 Likes
Steve660
First Poster
Options
I had this when I upgraded, got a new sim and transferred my number to my new phone. took a couple of days for the sim to be fully active once that happened my number appeared.
0 Likes
brettz
Navigator
Options
fixed mine watched video on youtube put sim card in an iphone and back in samsung phone then number comes up
Callum87
Navigator
Options
I've just done that and it worked fine, it's really silly that Samsung phones cannot do this simple task. Thank you for your help.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

Hey everyone. From what I understand, SIM cards contain a temporary number prior to your network assigning a number to them, and on occasion this can result in a read error on the phone where it can't differentiate, so the number shows as Unknown. I understand that it's not ideal, but wanted to assure you that it this issue won't affect your network capabilities, or the functionality of the phone. 

0 Likes