Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superfast charging option removed

(Topic created on: 10-07-2020 12:04 PM)
Mahammad
Navigator
Options
Since around Jan 2020 when we updated our AOD app, the option for superfast charging has disappeared since then. 

Not surprisingly that option has been moved over to the new S20 series. Us Note10 users are only left with fast charging option (15w) but superfast charging (25w) has never returned which I found  kinda useful when I didn't want it to charge fast but still fast charge at 15w. 

By the way I submitted a bug report via the app few months ago and nothing has changed.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Mahammad 

I've had my Samsung Note10 + 5G since launch date and to the best of my knowledge it's never said "super fast charging" on the screen.

However I have come across other posts from people it used to say that on their phone.

I'm in the Uk so I wonder if it's region dependent  ?

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Mahammad
Navigator
Options
I'm in the UK too, when you'd plug your phone in, it would display 'superfast charging' with estimated time till charged. it's now 'fast charging' like every other Samsung phones. S20 has the new message though.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Well that's a conundrum as it's never shown as that on my phone !

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Drewcookies
First Poster
Options

Nothing has changed about the charging cababilities of the Note 10 (25w) nor the Note 10+(45w) And I do not think they would lower or hurt the charging capabilities of a flagship device in an update I think it could just be a wording change? 

Do you have an app installed that tells you the rate of charge? That would make it very black and white. 

I would reccomend trying a different USB Adapter and a New usb-c cord. They are not all created equal. Just this week I noticed a cord I had accidentally used was not working properly and I was actually getting a drain while it was plugged in.

(Its still pretty fast despite a change in wording)

Regards

0 Likes
Leo379
Apprentice
Options
I can confirm it definitely says "Super Fast Charging" - Mine says it (Note 10+ 5G using OEM 25W Charging supplied in box)
0 Likes
Mahammad
Navigator
Options
they've brought the branding back around a month ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxynote10/comments/iu2td1/so_theyve_brought_back_super_fast_charging_tex...

but they forgot to bring back the actual ′superfast charging′ setting under Device Care 😂

I'll send another error report/suggestion soon, hopefully it comes back
0 Likes
Almaspoorreza
Student
Options

Hello, I have s20fe 5g, thev25 watt charger won't say super fast charging for me too, it only says fast charging, and estimated time is same as 15 watt charger, what should I do?

0 Likes