Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super fast charging not working after One UI 4.0 and 4.1 update

(Topic created on: 19-04-2022 12:23 AM)
Vijumathew007
Explorer
Options

Same issue as @MonK17 

Before updating my #Samsung galaxy Note10plus to Android 12 or one ui 4.0 my phone was getting charged within 40 mins. And now my phone needs more than 3-4hour for charging and getting discharged quickly.  No problem with battery as it started araising after update. even if it is having 40%-50% charge after the update of One UI 4.0 and after that 4.1 update came was happy while seeing the update that the issue will be sorted out! But nothing changed still facing the issue! Contacted customer support they came with all the basic troubleshooting steps. Which is already done and of no use

*Run all the diagnostic steps and reported it.

*charged in safe mode

*cleared all cache and cokies 

*tryed discharging completely and charging from 0% both in poweroff and power on and safe mode.

*Checked charger and cable and also different power sockets.

*reported in samsung members. 

* it's been 1 and half month I haven't seen the superfast charging option!

And also while charging it is showing cable charging usually it was showing super fast charging. 

I need this to be fixed.

I am using the company charging adapter and cable which I got with the box. And they are working perfectly. So don't come up with saying any cable issues and adapter issues. 

22 REPLIES 22
EYEamNOTalone
Journeyman
Options
I have noticed this problem too recently with my s20 ultra, and tab s7, also my moms tab s7! All 3 devices have stopped charging on super fast with the chargers that came in the box and are now only powering up on fast chrge since the 4.1 update!

Come on Samsung, dont pull the wool over our eyes like Apple! Whats really happening here? Are you really just trying to force your loyal customers to buy your next useless upgraded hardware, with the minimal upgraded tech hardware for maximum profit?

Example.. i bought the s20 ultra for £1400, and then bought the s7 tab for £700! Half the price and it does almost exactly exactly the same as the phone, but heres the rub, both are 4g capable, but the s20 ultra, the supposed flagship model, is ***** at 4g reception compared to the reception on the s7 tab which is at least 10x better than the s20 ultra for 4g reception for half the price, so why upgrage, every year when clearly your tech is just as faulty as Apples? Oh thats right... YOU MAKE APPLE PHONES TECH! guess i answered my own question.

Thank you
Angry Beaver
Explorer
Options

Not sure why this issue is marked as solved. Contacting the Samsung CEO is not really a solution.

The Super Charging feature no longer works after the update. This means that if you have a Samsung Super Fast Charger it will now only charge as a cable charger. This is regardless of new or old cable, Samsung branded or not. Fast Charging still works, however, but you must use a Samsung Fast Charger. The Super Fast Charger only charges as cable charging.

s20
Journeyman
Options

Bro i have a samsung s20 and after last restart (using one ui4 January but issue started from 12th September)the same happend to me

I dont know what happened but its only showing cable charging 

Usb type c headphones are not working and my phone is not connecting to pc. My c port became almost useless 😑😑

Did you get any solution please tell me??

0 Likes
Angry Beaver
Explorer
Options

I have a Note 10+ and same issue. I went and bought a new charger and cable from Samsung and it didn't work. Their new calculation is terrible. It's very sensitive, so even the slightest variance will disable the feature. This means a dirty port on the phone, dirty cable, variance in power from outlet, etc.

0 Likes
s20
Journeyman
Options

Did you try connecting it to pc or type c headset???

0 Likes
s20
Journeyman
Options

I cant even take a backup now😐

0 Likes
Angry Beaver
Explorer
Options

Oh, haven't tried that. Need to find my headset. It's in the original box, but who knows where I put that, lol!

0 Likes
s20
Journeyman
Options

😅

0 Likes
s20
Journeyman
Options

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/fasting-charging-usb-c-headphones-stopped-work...

Check this out 

This guy had exact similar situation

I guess its tym to leave samsung🥲🥲

0 Likes
Vijumathew007
Explorer
Options

FOUND THE SOLUTION: 

After this issue. I was not sure what to do and there was an idea to downgrade in my mind. But was reluctant to do because of phone getting dead or bricked.

So without any other option i downgraded my NOTE 10 PLUS 5g to previous version that is ONE UI 3.1 ALSO WE CAN DO 3.0 ALSO

AFTER DOWNGRADING FROM THE SECOND DAY MY PHONE STARTED TO GET SUPERFAST CHARGING AGAIN AND AM HAPPY THAT MY PHONE ONLY NEEDS HALF HOUR TO GET 90% CHARGE DONE

SO FRIENDS THE ONLY OPTION IS TO DOWNGRADE. 

😊😊 MY PHONE IS NOW WORKING PERFECTLY😊😊

0 Likes