Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop over sharpening the images

(Topic created on: 12-08-2020 09:31 PM)
flashmuji
Student
Options
Hi Samsung,

Can you guys stop over sharpening the images in your camera app! Its too aggressive! Photos look washed out and soft when zoomed in!

Just do a search on Google and Reddit and see loads of people saying the same. You should really listen to the feedback!

Especially as we pay £1000+ for your phone's!

8 REPLIES 8
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
🤣 Its awful im the same from such a premium so called phone the s10 and s20 do the same, paid reviews id say, you will be advised to do all sorts of resets and clear cache and so on but nothing works, my posts in my profile show just how ***** they are, no more samsung for me after my contract is up, I should have given the phone back before the 14 day period
SaleCar
Apprentice
Options

It is best to have an option so that everyone can choose how it suits them. Personally, I don't like when there is too aggressive sharpening and noise reduction.

Viktor_Lazslo
Apprentice
Options

No one likes it. This is the last Samsung phone i get ever. And I STILL expect them to fix this with an update.

MarcGuitar
Navigator
Options
Lower light performance using night mode is terrible. Lots of luma noise. It's unacceptable.
0 Likes
MarcGuitar
Navigator
Options
Option to manually adjust aperture in auto mode would be invaluable! Its fine in bright sunshine but sometimes I want f1.5 in lower light but phone still forces f2.4
FrederickLim
Apprentice
Options

I really dislike the over sharpening images on my Fold 3. And professional mode is not available for telephoto lens, WTF?!

0 Likes
digicook
First Poster
Options

I totally agree with you.  My S22+ is my 4th Samsung phone and all of them have oversharpened AND also often overexposed.  I often have to use the exposure slider so that highlights aren't burnt out.  I wish there were an option NOT to sharpen images so I could sharpen as I would wish in post-processing.  I would not, however, want that option in Pro mode because using that just removes the spontaneity one wants when using a phone camera.  Would be nice if the sharpening could be used in Photo mode with some sort of adjustable slider as is used in Portrait mode.

STEYLLS
First Poster
Options

Я поддерживаю. У меня Samsung S24 Ultra  и эта агрессивная резкость на снимках говорит об очень низком уровне. Samsung, вам надо повышать свой имидж. 

0 Likes