Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen Devices

(Topic created on: 18-10-2020 09:59 PM)
DukeYork
Student
Options

My Note 10+ was stolen and I just want to know if Samsung can provide the details of whoever is currently using the device so I may retrieve it... since Find my mobile doesn't seem to work In this case.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
find my mobile only works if the device is turned on
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
but you could try ' find device ' by google. you do need a google account
Solution
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Samsung themselves don't have access to your devices location, as that infringes on your privacy rights. If your account is part of a "family", and you have find my device enabled, you can simply locate your device from there.

Since your device was stolen, it's likely they have forced a factory reset in order to gain access to the device, or have not used it.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If you've contacted your network provider to register the phone as lost they will have imei barred it so the phone won't work thus it won't connect to mobile data so can't be tracked.

I fear you maybe wasting your time trying to track it I'm afraid.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

DukeYork
Student
Options

I was at my service provider's and they said there wasn't much they could do. Just have to move on I guess...

I just feel there should be a premium service, monthly or annual subscription, that guarantees that stolen devices would be returned to the rightful owners. Like once the device is registered to an account even if it's hard-reset, Samsung could still trace the device and hand the information to local authorities. Because "find my mobile" is for miss-placed phones, not stolen phones.

I would be more at ease to get a note 20 Ultra or the next best thing if I can be guaranteed this, but for now, my old note 4 would suffice... 

Thanks for the help

0 Likes