Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound When Unlocking Phone

(Topic created on: 02-09-2019 06:40 AM)
Dolphin9
Apprentice
Options

My phone will beep when I unlock my phone. It is not the usual unlocking sound. My unlocking sound is being turned off but every time when I unlock my phone, it beeps once. How can I remove this sound? I'm using a Note 10+ and I've had this since my Note 9 days

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dolphin9
Apprentice
Options

Hi DannyT,

It doesn't work. I found out the cause of it already. It's the NFC sound. I have always placed a card that is for unlocking my home door at the back of my phone. When that card is not behind the phone, no beeping sound is heard. Another alternative is to off NFC but this option is not applicable for me as I use NFC for Samsung Pay on a daily basis. I hope in future, there will be firmware update for option to mute NFC sounds. Thanks

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Dolphin9 

Just a random thought have you tried to do a plain restart?

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Hey, @Dolphin9!

Did you try @Bades1978 suggestion?

Also, has this always happened? Or did it start after downloading any particular apps? Do you leave any apps open when you lock your phone?

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Dolphin9
Apprentice
Options

Hi Bades1978,

It doesn't work. I found out the cause of it already. It's the NFC sound. I have always placed a card that is for unlocking my home door at the back of my phone. When that card is not behind the phone, no beeping sound is heard. I hope in future, there will be firmware update for option to mute NFC sounds. Thanks

Solution
Dolphin9
Apprentice
Options

Hi DannyT,

It doesn't work. I found out the cause of it already. It's the NFC sound. I have always placed a card that is for unlocking my home door at the back of my phone. When that card is not behind the phone, no beeping sound is heard. Another alternative is to off NFC but this option is not applicable for me as I use NFC for Samsung Pay on a daily basis. I hope in future, there will be firmware update for option to mute NFC sounds. Thanks