Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM-N9760 (note 10+ 5G China)

(Topic created on: 14-08-2020 08:25 AM)
Chipsanddill
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Does anyone have had any experience with Samsung phones purchased in China? I'm planning to get a Note 10+ 5G but I want to make sure it would work fine abroad. I think I should be able to transfer all of my Google apps from my old phone, but has any of you ever encountered other issues? Thanks!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Chipsanddill! The phone will perform fine overall, however, some functionalities may be limited including software and security updates that you may receive later than normal. In addition to this, you want to make sure that the Region Lock of the phone is disabled by making a 5 minutes call using a SIM card from the same regional origin as the phone for at least 5 minutes to allow you to use a SIM card from any other region. Also, some applications available in China may not be available in the UK. When moving abroad, make sure to change the Google Play Store country as well. 

9sday2u
First Poster
Options

Just buy Samsung from your local market or any version that have google built in. I brought my N9760 from China, you will enjoy it only if you use it in China. There are tons of issues when that device is specified for Chinese market, Samsung have wrote country code at bottom level of their firmware which even you have switched languages into your language at day1 but you will still get things that specified for Chinese market. Chinese Samsung sure have google in someway and you can install All google components on your own, then when you open your album you will see you cannot switch the map provider, then with google research you can never active it  though voice recognition but they don’t support Chinese, it is funny even you are using English for your phone they still tell you your language is not supported(default country setting), Samsung pay yeah you can only use Chinese payment method, google App Store, like Netflix your device is not supported because this models number was Chinese only, and they have not officially providing service in China yet.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Chipsanddill 

I imported my N20 Ultra 5G from Hong Kong to the UK.

I've experienced zero issues.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes