Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow downloads

(Topic created on: 04-03-2020 05:42 AM)
ForeignFez
Apprentice
Options

I'm having some real issues with download speeds on my phone.

As you'll see in my screenshots below, trying to download relatively tiny app updates is taking ridiculously long. This issue also appears when trying to watch YouTube videos, which buffer for way too long before eventually playing, even when choosing less than maximum resolution.

My internet download speeds are sitting at around 100Mbps and things play just fine on other devices, so I'm assuming the issue is with my Note 10+. It's running the latest software and I've cleared caches for the Play Store/Services and YouTube.

A 19MB app update taking over 9 minutes on 100Mbps internet. Somehow.A 19MB app update taking over 9 minutes on 100Mbps internet. Somehow.

A 30MB update apparently taking 2 hours to download.A 30MB update apparently taking 2 hours to download.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone @ForeignFez to help rule out your sim card , network or the phone.

If you can try another sim card in your current phone.

Also does this happen in one area or everywhere as all networks suffer from fringe coverage, not spots and mast congestion.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run some tests on the phone too.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Jaggs
Explorer
Options

Guys I think I discovered the issue.

In

Settings ->

Battery and device care ->

three dots top right ->

Automation ->

Disable scan for malware.

This improved the play store install speed for me.

Let me know if you found this useful.

0 Likes
Phreak
First Poster
Options

Try enabling Ehance Processing 

0 Likes