Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since this morning's update, some of my keys on my Samsing keyboard disappear as I'm typing

(Topic created on: 28-12-2019 06:09 AM)
horsinround1974
First Poster
Options

Exactly as stated above. Since this morning's software update, some of the keys on my Samsung keyboard disappear as I'm typing. I have tried resetting the keyboard to default settings, and I tried clearing the data and the cache, all to no avail. When I switch from lowercase to uppercase, or to the symbols board it will reappear whole, but then as I'm typing some of the keys disappear again.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thats not good @horsinround1974  ?

I've seen similar things happen if a person isn't using the stock Samsung Keyboard.

When clearing cache I assume you've tried the individual app.

Things I would try are....

1. Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens. If the issue stops then it's a 3rd party app.

2. If Safe Mode didnt help then turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache files from there.

3. If still no resolution then I'd back up , remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset.

4. If still no resolution I'd seek support from a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes