Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Recorder feature missing on Gamer Launcher on Note 10/10+

(Topic created on: 02-05-2020 08:58 AM)
Norsten
Apprentice
Options

Why would you (Samsung) remove the Screen Record feature in the Game Launcher on the Note 10/10+ ?

This feature was awesome on the Note 9 (https://www.sammobile.com/2018/09/03/record-gameplay-on-galaxy-note-9)  -Having it as a Quick Launch button makes it very clunky to use.

What used to be "a quick swipe up then tap on the video shortcut for instant video recording", is now a swipe down (to activate the notification bar), swipe down again (to show the quick launch buttons), click on Screen Record button  (provided you ordered the quick launch icon to be on first row), wait 3 seconds and then it records  -as I said, very clunky.

Please bring it back!  it makes no sense why you would remove it.   At the very least add an option in the Game Launcher Shortcuts page to launch the Screen Record, or allow the Screen Recorder to be launched as an application via the Pop-Up panel.

28 REPLIES 28
Aloupha
Apprentice
Options

This has has been a pain in the butt since day 1. I was hoping by now Samsung would have roled it back or enhance it to revert the quick menu while in full screen mode.

Unfortunately, I could not bear the now cumbersome way of recording using Game Launcher and have resorted to using a third party app untill this is fixed. Sad!

Isakss0n
Journeyman
Options

Yeah well seems Samsung doesn't care about the gamers so I switch my s10+ for a Asus Rog phone instead :winking-face:

Dawhoda2
Apprentice
Options

I agree totally and haven't and don't plan on using the foolish one they changed it to. By the time you need it say in a game you end up missing what you wanted to record or record late etc.. the Widget style older one G used daily without fail and also see no reason what so ever reason they had to change it to that garbage. And just randomly without warning one day. I thought I hit something one day and spent hours on my phone trying to find a way to get it back until I googled it and couldn't believe the fact they took something that wasn't broken and in fact downgraded it to garbage. And if I'm not mistaken you can't even record in 1080 either, only up 720? PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD SCHOOL VERSION SO WE CAN RECORD IN HARMONY?! 🤣

Dawhoda2
Apprentice
Options

@Aloupha wrote:

This has has been a pain in the butt since day 1. I was hoping by now Samsung would have roled it back or enhance it to revert the quick menu while in full screen mode.

Unfortunately, I could not bear the now cumbersome way of recording using Game Launcher and have resorted to using a third party app untill this is fixed. Sad!

You found a 3rd party app that has the small widget pop up?

0 Likes
Aloupha
Apprentice
Options

@Dawhoda2 wrote:

@Aloupha wrote:

You found a 3rd party app that has the small widget pop up?

I tried a few, and they did  the job quite well.

AZ Recorder, X Recorder, Mobizen Screen Recorder, etc... I am using AZ Recorder right now, and it works very well.

0 Likes
SuziBunny
Journeyman
Options

@Aloupha thank you for posting those suggested apps.

Please can you tell me/us if they have a hidden control that doesn't float on screen like the current BS?

I've looked at downloading several apps, but it isn't clear if the record function floats on top of the screen or if there is a better way to access it (like the old Samsung one directly from the navigation bar) 

TIA, SuziBunny

0 Likes
Aloupha
Apprentice
Options

@SuziBunny wrote:

@Aloupha thank you for posting those suggested apps.

Please can you tell me/us if they have a hidden control that doesn't float on screen like the current BS?

I've looked at downloading several apps, but it isn't clear if the record function floats on top of the screen or if there is a better way to access it (like the old Samsung one directly from the navigation bar) 

TIA, SuziBunny

I am not sure. I happen to like the floating control, so I never looked at disabling it. I will look and post an update if I could disable it.

Considering the alternative though, I would take the floating control any day... Untill Samsung brings back the old way.

0 Likes
ScifiMai
First Poster
Options

Missing the record screen icon & feature entirely on 2020 Tab A 8.4".  Trying to work with a game developer on glitches and am absolutely annoyed & highly frustrated ton find this is inexplicably gone.

WHY Samsung?  Fix this!!!

0 Likes
Options
For me I just swipe left and I have to hold a blank spot to choose what I want - video, screenshot, lock, (something else I can't remember)
0 Likes