Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Recorder feature missing on Gamer Launcher on Note 10/10+

(Topic created on: 04-02-2020 06:24 PM)
Norsten
Apprentice
Options

Why would you (Samsung) remove the Screen Record feature in the Game Launcher on the Note 10/10+ ?

This feature was awesome on the Note 9 (https://www.sammobile.com/2018/09/03/record-gameplay-on-galaxy-note-9)  -Having it as a Quick Launch button makes it very clunky to use.

What used to be "a quick swipe up then tap on the video shortcut for instant video recording", is now a swipe down (to activate the notification bar), swipe down again (to show the quick launch buttons), click on Screen Record button  (provided you ordered the quick launch icon to be on first row), wait 3 seconds and then it records  -as I said, very clunky.

Please bring it back!  it makes no sense why you would remove it.   At the very least add an option in the Game Launcher Shortcuts page to launch the Screen Record, or allow the Screen Recorder to be launched as an application via the Pop-Up panel.

28 REPLIES 28
DimyM
Student
Options

By the time the recorder starts it is already too late. Swipe (with two fingers), press the screen recorder button, press the start recording button, then wait another 3 seconds until it actually starts recording. It takes tooooooo long. By then the action I want to record is already gone. In the game launcher, all you had to do is swipe and record. Simple and quick. Bring it back or reduce the number of presses as well as reduce the 3 seconds delay to zero, or make it as an option if one wants to wait until the recodring starts .... who would want to wait anyway? Dont press record if you aint ready. Silly! Anoying! Frustrating! It was perfect before. Bring it back. Imagine you are playing a game ... very intense ... and while playing the game ... already using at least two fingers use yet two more if you can or give up on controlling your character to do the 2 finger swio and the all those other presses ... really? Sorry but ... no thanks. 

Walters_b
First Poster
Options

I am unable to even get the recorder to work in the quick launcher. I followed all the instructions, but it just takes me to settings and there is no 'start' button. Please fix this and put it back in the game launcher. That was working fine before. Disappointing.

AMohovs
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

To be very honest was very convenient to use this feature just a button after set it up in game launcher 1 click and video recording.

Many reasons why this feature was useful and I believe such a company as Samsung have to listen their customers and bring it back

Even you can still keep the one in setting but one from game launcher have to come back 

Many thanks 

SuziBunny
Journeyman
Options

PLEASE bring this back!

I used it to capture evidence of people cheating in PUBG Mobile and it was awesome.  Now it's clunky and difficult. 

What led to the feature being changed like this? It's a backward step for Samsung, that's for sure.

Kelvyp1986
First Poster
Options

Same issue on the s9 please sort this 

Greig
Journeyman
Options

Same for the S9+, agree with everyone here. It's really frustrating that this function has taken a massive step backwards. Just can't understand why they'd remove it from the pop up

neneruti
First Poster
Options

100% agree, why Samsung took this good feature? this is the kind of decisions that makes us consider to change our device brand.

Lowrider
First Poster
Options
I can't believe somebody gets paid for writing that app, which is way worse than the one they had!
Ariful
First Poster
Options

Please Samsung 🙏 

Bring this feature back. There has no better screen recorder app for game record with in game sounds. This feature helped us for record gameplay properly. Can't understand why you guys always do like this. Even android doesn't allow to record internal and external sound together. This is so frustrating !!!!!

PhoenixSys
First Poster
Options

*****.  I can't even get anything to happen when I swipe down.   Like, I'm BEYOND frustrated.  I'm seriously about to trash my whole freaking phone because LITERALLY EVERY update lately, Samsung has royally screwed something up.   Like,  I had NO problems until about November of last year, now every step they take is backwards.  Now they're messing with my gaming?!  Big no no.   They'd better bring it back, or I may just move to a different brand.