Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Recorder feature missing on Gamer Launcher on Note 10/10+

(Topic created on: 25-08-2019 02:46 PM)
Norsten
Apprentice
Options

Why would you (Samsung) remove the Screen Record feature in the Game Launcher on the Note 10/10+ ?

This feature was awesome on the Note 9 (https://www.sammobile.com/2018/09/03/record-gameplay-on-galaxy-note-9)  -Having it as a Quick Launch button makes it very clunky to use.

What used to be "a quick swipe up then tap on the video shortcut for instant video recording", is now a swipe down (to activate the notification bar), swipe down again (to show the quick launch buttons), click on Screen Record button  (provided you ordered the quick launch icon to be on first row), wait 3 seconds and then it records  -as I said, very clunky.

Please bring it back!  it makes no sense why you would remove it.   At the very least add an option in the Game Launcher Shortcuts page to launch the Screen Record, or allow the Screen Recorder to be launched as an application via the Pop-Up panel.

28 REPLIES 28
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Norsten ,

Sound's like it takes some time to do now, I am sure if enough is said about a issue and that those people like it the old way then Samsung will look at it again as they have done in the past. It's only through our feedback can Samsung refine the system's in place :).

DimyM
Student
Options

X2 bring it back ASAP. On S10+ as well please. Thank you!

Isakss0n
Journeyman
Options

Yeah I also noticed now that it was gone when I was playing on my s10+ 😞 Why just why Samsung 😞

Kham
First Poster
Options

Yes plz bring it back I really like that feature and I was shocked when that feature disappear and I thought my phone has gone wrong and so I search how to fix it and then I found this comments .Plz bring it back if not I am going to be very diappointing in samsung

HBo32
First Poster
Options
we want this feature back
AndrewL
Options
@Norsten: Sorry to hear of your frustration. If it helps, you can swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom using 2 fingers to maximise the Quick Launch menu, making it a little more convenient to access the Screen Record feature.
Norsten
Apprentice
Options

That two finger swipe down doesnt work for me   - I still have to do it a second time to show the Quick launch.

If it can not be added as a Game Launcher Shortcut option then the simplest solution here would be to add Screen Recorder (as if it were an application) via the Pop-Up panel.

Norsten
Apprentice
Options
Just want to add, what was once was a well used feature (on Note 9) is very rarely used now.
Generally the idea is build on features -not remove them.
AndrewL
Options
@Norsten: Make sure your fingers are placed next to one another, horizontally (if that makes sense). I noticed that if I have one finger below the other then the Quick Launch menu wouldn't maximise in one swipe. I do see what you mean though; the new location makes the screen recorder available for apps other than just Game Launcher, however I suppose it would be useful to have a Game Launcher specific shortcut as well.
0 Likes