Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen burn

(Topic created on: 22-12-2020 06:14 AM)
Marco9234
First Poster
Options

I bought a Samsung note 10 and after a while I had a screen burn which looked terrible when I took it to Trafford center to change the screen they said it was my fault that there is a screen burn however they might be able to change it for free and I had to first make an appointment which would be in a week and after that I must leave the phone for a week to get it fixed and I would be without a phone.  This was like a joke to me and it was obvious they did not want to do the job . I have now decided to go back to apple and will never ever touch Samsung again .

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Screen burn can happen on these tyle of screens whether they are Samsung phones or iPhone's.

Samsung provide displays to Apple for their iPhone's.

If a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre has the screen in stock then depending on their workload i.e phone's to fix before yours it can be a matter of days to replace if not sooner.

Perhaps that store was very busy.

Samsung usually replace screens under the manufacturer warranty that have screen burn for free.

Perhaps visit another store.

When my Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge had the pink line on the display one store didn't have the screens in stock and would have to order one meaning a delay,  so I went to another and they fixed it within 5 working days.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

electronic
Journeyman
Options
I have a note 9 18 months old which had the same problem. I contacted Samsung customer service and it was picked up next day and returned repaired on the following wednesday, no charge with screen replaced, battery and charging port replaced FOC. Now thats what I call excellent service. my sister has an apple phone and a year later still hasnt got the battery fault resolved. Go to apple and enjoy its customer service if you want
Marco9234
First Poster
Options
well I will go again to see if they will fix or not. they told me it was my fault lol I paid 1000 pounds for a phone and after a year it gers screen burn and it is my fault. I think Samsung should contact trafford center and have a word because loyal customers can not be at fault
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Marco9234 

Read the support in this link and as a tool of conversation mention the Consumer-rights-act 2015 but don't use it as a threat and this may cause the staff to further tighten down and not assist the way you want them to.

If all else fails there is an email page to send your grievance to the Samsung CEO level. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes