Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung upgrade program

(Topic created on: 01-10-2019 08:36 PM)
Spencer1620
Explorer
Options

Hi, Both me and my wife purchased a Samsung Note 9 through the upgrade program, we are now both eligible for an upgrade to a Note 10. 

On my wife's phone there was £699 to pay over 24 months after the deposit and old phone trade in. 

My phone has £599 to pay over 24 months after deposit and trade in.

When we go to trade our note 9s the price is the same for both our hand sets.

Customer services have confirmed this with a phone call.

So basically we hand back our note 9s have no deposit on the note 10 pay full price how can this be when my wife owes more on her contract?

Does anyone else have a similar experience? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

Actually i guess you only paid over 12 or 13 months, so basically the 10% fee + 12 x monthly part. If you sum it, that should be slightly more than half the retail price of the smartphone.

Now i am guessing that you may upgrade but need to pay the 10% for new note10 and then pay the monthly part like you used to.

It is like a leasing... It is not what you're told or expected?

Do the math, if you had bought it retail price, you could have bought note10 for the retail price while turning in your old note9 with the pre-order hand in which would be about same.

0 Likes
Spencer1620
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the reply. No not what I was expecting as my wife's trade in was £100 less I was expecting her new payments to be more than mine.
0 Likes