Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Service Center - best in the world?

(Topic created on: 12-06-2020 08:59 AM)
Andrii_Yer
Student
Options

Good day.

I have a story to tell about my experience attending official Samsung Service. To start with, i have Samsung Galaxy Note10. And i saw a deffect showing up in March, but due to Corona stuff couldn't visit Samsung earlier. So the problem is that the actual LCD screen started to "unglue" out of the glass from the inside (can be seen on photos). As long as the phone was officially purchased and i had a warranty decision was made to show the phone to official Service under warranty conditions. After looking on my phone for couple of days Samsung representative said that they will do nothing as it was my fault that the phone has fallen, i changed the display module in an unauthorized service center, the part was unofficial and that's why they won't do anything. So the question is: how dare they are to accuse me of lying to them even without doing anything with my phone, just looking at it? They even didn't disassemble it to look into the problem just said that it can't happen, because it just can't happen with the original part. To be totally honest my phone fell, that's true, but i expect the glass to break, but not lcd to unglue. And the problem started before the fall and no actions were made to repair it: no display module change, no unauthorized service centers visited (why should i do it if i still have a warranty) because no damage was made. Isn't it called "defect" when something unxpected happens with parts or products? Do you think i need to take some legal actions against Samsung about treating me that way? Is it ok to slander a customer? I am the owner of one of the high-end, one of the most expensive phones on market and am treated that way? Me and my fiancee had Samsung phones for 3 years and when we have a problem the company acts so rude and mean, it's not what someone is expecting to happen. I'm really sad about this situation and kindly ask you to take some actions to help solve this problem.

20200612_093508.jpg

20200612_095657.jpg

20200612_093352.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Andrii_Yer 

Ok let me start with the Samsung 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty does not cover accidental damage which I assume your aware of.

They wouldn't open up the phone to look at the issues with a broken screen unless a person first agrees to the costs of parts and labour as the warranty does not cover accidental damage.

However if the technician believes an unauthorised repair has occurred they wouldn't carry out work as the warranty is automatically voided.

I understand and appreciate your stating you had no unauthorised work carried out on the phone.

"And the problem started before the fall and no actions were made to repair it"

In hindsight if the issue started to happen before you dropped the phone then at that point is when the phone should have been handed in for inspection and subsequent repair. I appreciate what your saying about the COVID-19 pandemic and stores were shut so it's bad luck you then dropped your phone.

Because the phone was dropped and the display damaged they could look at this as a result of dropping the phone.

In my opinion you could raise an official complaint with Samsung that you didn't authorise any work on the phone by anyone but take into consideration you will have to pay for a new screen and labour to replace it.

By all means when you raise your complaint then link back to your thread here.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Andrii_Yer
Student
Options

Thanks for your reply. The thing is that the screen is not broken, the glass is still in place, no damage to it. The actual lcd (like a black thin thing just detaching from the actual glass)

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Fair enough @Andrii_Yer 

So we are back to Samsung know you dropped the phone and you admit this too which they appear to be saying has caused the issue along with the insinuation unauthorised work has been carried out. They can usually see this by checking seals etc on the phone.

Please do let us know how you get on.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes