Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung not repairing my phone

(Topic created on: 18-07-2020 08:21 AM)
Amandon
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

My phone back cover on note 10+ 5g started to split open it looks like it may need some glue or whatever they stick it with, this is samsungs defect and they should repair this or at least try to help me

I booked a repair send my phone, after 2 days i was told that i have to pay £70 for a little scratch on my camera lens and if i do not pay they will not fix my other problem with the phone, i have never seen the scratch before and i was not aware of,  i said they do not have to fix anything else but they say they will not do it if i do not wish to fix the scratch so they sent the device back to me,  it arrived today and i noticed it is more open than it was before so they tried to open it up or whatever and looks like they may have scratch it in the process.

i contacted samsung online but they told me if repair want me to pay i will have to pay. 

I paid over £1100 for this device and they are not even trying to fix their defect? not sure who to contact about this.

Anyone had similar problem with samsung? 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Amandon
Apprentice
Options

109545228_703042277203391_7056452528030839304_n.jpg109821042_1173750916320974_3655302347496589137_n.jpg109948949_711852176026664_6308175004735396313_n.jpg110013413_2389624228013561_1825484250893272962_n.jpg110161174_2425704207729784_3810572662464524933_n.jpg

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Totally appreciate your situation @Amandon 

When a person is intending to send off a phone to be looked at I always suggest to take Time and Date stamped pictures of the phone to show it's aesthetic condition, with one of it turned On and if possible one of the water indicator that is usually visible in the sim card slot so that they are able to show these evidential photo's if a phone is then returned in not the same condition it was sent etc.

Did you perhaps do this ?

If not your going to find it somewhat difficult to be able to show proof that the Samsung Service Centre technician did this.

When a phone is sent away under the 24 month manufacturing warranty the first thing the technician carries out is an external inspection to look for any sign of accidental damage that could result from a bump or drop.

This is because this can then lead to other issues that the person is experiencing and want's fixing.

The Manufacturing warranty does not cover accidental damage.

If a person does not want to pay the repair fee then other options are mobile phone insurance, Home Contents Insurance and some Bank Accounts cover phones as a perk of the account.

Excess fee's and T&C's would apply.

You could ask Samsung to re consider their initial judgement on this.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Amandon
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your reply,

Unfortunately i did not as i never had problem with samsung before and i have been with samsung for a long time. 

I asked them many times called them chatted with them and it is like i am talking to a robot, the only answer i get is that i have to pay or they will not fix it, i would pay ofr it but it is just a little scratch that it really needs attention to notice it and it is actually my phone.

If your car brakes down and you bring it to repair they will not say to you that you have a scratch and need a repair if not we will not fix it, this is not a car but it is the same situation, my phone is falling apart and will be soon not usable but they will not fix it if i do not fix the scratch, this is inhumane! 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Amandon 

If you have a Samsung Experience Store nearby you could consider asking for the phone back and visit one of those.

That said I'm not sure if notes are attached to a person's file i.e the technician that's inspected the phone adds them.

Whichever route you choose I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Unfortunately a scratch on a car wouldn't affect the cars brakes so the mechanic wouldn't attribute one issue causing the other issue.

Samsung are possibly attributing the scratch to an accidental drop or bump which can in some instances affect the integrity of the housing of the phone.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Amandon
Apprentice
Options

Just an update.

The reason why the back glass split open is because of a swollen battery, i thought it was something wrong with the back glass at first that is why it was not closing, contacted Samsung over 10 times and their answer is i have to pay for the repair, and they are not even bothering to answer me anymore. 

I am left with a swollen battery and the back glass does not fit, I just hope it does not blow up.

I don`t care about the warranty they say if it is their fault they will fix it but they wont as they think i scratched the camera lens. So f them , just got my huawai and it is much better, will fix it my self and will give it to someone for free! will stop my payment to samsung and i hope they take me to court.

Note 10 plus 5g is the worst phone i ever owned and had to charge it everyday, some time twice a day.

DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

I think Samsung should reconsider repair, as faulty battery could lead to potential damage explosion or fire or whatever.

I guess that if you bought it directly from samsung and have monthly paiements, the battery is original and the device never been opened because otherwise you would have already contacted them for warranty...

Still, since the camera has a scratch (that you are prolly responsible for ??) then they do not charge that much to repair it and you would get a flawless device back, imho that's still worth it if you want to sell it afterward.

0 Likes