Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S-Pen air actions - "disconnected"

(Topic created on: 07-01-2020 06:36 PM)
1911wolf
Apprentice
Options

All of a sudden the s pen will not work for air commands.

It worked perfectly for about 10 days.

If you go into the s pen settings menu, the picture says "disconnected"

When placing the pen into the phone it tries to connect and then states "disconnected"

I have tried to connect the phone via choosing to connect from the status bar menu icon, from within the s pen menu and also from the quick settings icon.

I have tried -

* Reset the pen - click the "s pen air actions" icon from quick settings and re-connect

* Putting the pen into the phone and clicking re-connect, this brings up the "loading" type screen with the text connecting to your s pen...it say's it is connecting and then says "couldn't connect to your s pen"

* Reset phone - i have done...general settings>reset settings and also general settings>network settings

Any ideas?

14 REPLIES 14
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

@1911wolf wrote:

All of a sudden the s pen will not work for air commands.

It worked perfectly for about 10 days.

If you go into the s pen settings menu, the picture says "disconnected"

When placing the pen into the phone it tries to connect and then states "disconnected"

I have tried to connect the phone via choosing to connect from the status bar menu icon, from within the s pen menu and also from the quick settings icon.

I have tried -

* Reset the pen - click the "s pen air actions" icon from quick settings and re-connect

* Putting the pen into the phone and clicking re-connect, this brings up the "loading" type screen with the text connecting to your s pen...it say's it is connecting and then says "couldn't connect to your s pen"

* Reset phone - i have done...general settings>reset settings and also general settings>network settings

Any ideas?

I simply reset the pen, or factory reset and last option flash firmware. One or the other works for me.

0 Likes
1911wolf
Apprentice
Options

I'm loath to factory reset the phone as it is set up.

It is only the air commands that don't work, the stylus still works for everything else

0 Likes
1911wolf
Apprentice
Options

Update - pen randomly connected and worked perfectly for about 24hrs...then disconnected and is doing the same as before.

Samsung customer service has told me i need to go to a service centre to get everything checked...i'll update with what they say

0 Likes
Anshul
First Poster
Options

My S Pen is not connecting. Stylus is working fine on the phone but the air actions are disconnected. It used to work fine earlier. Can anyone help please? I have tried to reset S pen already. Still not getting connected.

0 Likes
ThilinaNana
First Poster
Options

Have anyone find the solution? 

0 Likes
ThilinaNana
First Poster
Options

Hiya, Could you please tell me whats the update on this?

0 Likes
AelXzer
First Poster
Options

I have faced this exact problem today... 

Hello to everyone, first I like to make clear that English isn't my native language, so please, if you didn't understand me please have a little patience.  Now to my problem, my S Pen is working as intended but there is a little problem. Whenever I take my Pen off the tablet the Air Actions disconnect, I already have tried to reset it on the app and restarting the whole tablet but the problem keep happening, the S Pen connects its say that have full battery and when I take it off to use it, the Air Actions disconnected and cant use it as intended.  Can anyone tell me why is this happening? It never happens before and is really strange that I reset it and its seems fine until you take it out of the back and it automatically disconnect

This is was a writing to post in this forum but as i see it is the exact problems as yours, it only connects when it the backside of the tablet but when i take it out  it disconnet it... its a weird issue a i never seen before... I read that maybe a factory reset will help but i dont wanna try thi extreme meassure yet... 

0 Likes
KroaToanN
First Poster
Options

The best way to resolve this issue is to sell the phone and buy an iphone

0 Likes
Galaxy note
Apprentice
Options

Hello There, I there any luck with this connection for the air commands issue? I own a Note 10+, while the S Pen writes perfectly on screen. I can't seem to get the S Pen connected to use the air commands. Sometimes it shows connected battery 100% for about a second or two then back to disconnected. Does this mean I need to purchase a replacement S pen?

1. On Removing the S Pen. the Spen Menu comes up with Disconnected for the pen status

2. Advanced features in Settings

3. S Pen

Options are as follows :-

S Pen unlock on

Screen off memo on

quick create notes on

Air view on

show pointer when hovering on

Show air command icon on

Open Air Command with pen button on

When S Pen is removed (Open Air Command)

Warn is S Pen is left behind On

Sounds & Vibrations on.

Click Air Actions On status Disconnected

4. click 3 dots

5. Reset Pen Phone says Insert pen into the phone which then says Connecting to your S Pen...  > Couldn't connect to your S Pen (Retry)

6. Hit Retry > Can't connect to your S Pen (Get help fixing this) Phone says Connecting to your S Pen...  (Get Help fixing this)

7. Back button

8. Press three dots 

9. Scan for S Pen Window Pops up S Pen Pro Press and hold the connection button on your S Pen for 3 seconds until LED starts blinking.

10. Well I took the S Pen out and pressed the button on the S Pen but no luck. Don't think my S Pen has an LED

11. Stick the S Pen Back in the phone,  phone says Connecting...

then says Available 100% after 3 secs says Disconnected then Connecting ...

0 Likes