Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Renamed an album starting with a full stop (.) And album has conoletely dissappeared

(Topic created on: 02-02-2020 04:44 PM)
Dawntroversial
Student
Options

I renamed two albums starting with a full stop (.) And the files have completely disappeared from my phone. Where can I find them?

The album isn't in the 'hidden albums'

The album isn't in the 'recycle bin'

I have tried deleting the gallery cache and restarting my phone. I cant find them.
I have searched for (.) With no results.
I have searched for .nomedia
I have opened my 'My Files' and cant find them in there

Please help

This is obviously some technical glitch... if you start the filename with a dot then they disappear.

Eg.
.photos
.cinema
.album

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
tarsins
Explorer
Options

It's not a glitch. That's a pretty standad thing on Unix/Linux/MacOS and, as you've discovered, Android. In My Files goto Settings (in the "three-dots" menu) and choose "Show hidden system files". When you've sorted yourself out, turn it back off as it's meant to protect things.

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
Nofear
Pathfinder
Options

Have you tried EX Explorer?

0 Likes
Dawntroversial
Student
Options

No I haven't... its Ex Explorer? And not Es Explorer?

0 Likes
Dawntroversial
Student
Options
I have downloaded and tried Ex Explorer...and cant find them... uhhhhh 🥺😭😖
0 Likes
Nofear
Pathfinder
Options

I just did the same and it's completely gone too. 

Challenge accepted 

0 Likes
Solution
tarsins
Explorer
Options

It's not a glitch. That's a pretty standad thing on Unix/Linux/MacOS and, as you've discovered, Android. In My Files goto Settings (in the "three-dots" menu) and choose "Show hidden system files". When you've sorted yourself out, turn it back off as it's meant to protect things.

Dawntroversial
Student
Options

Oh... thank you!!!!!! I found them!!! 

0 Likes
Al20201
First Poster
Options
As tarins says, plus my additions:

"In My Files goto Settings (in the "three-dots" menu) and choose "Show hidden system files".

***Then, go back to My Files/Internal Storafe/DCIM and you'll see the albums listed at the top starting with full stops, slightly faded compared to the 'working' albums.****

"When you've sorted yourself out, turn it back off as it's meant to protect things."

Worked for me! Thank the lord for this kinda forum and tarsins!!
0 Likes
Jordan Kennedy
First Poster
Options

Thanks for this, thought i'd lost loads of pictures but your solution helped me.

0 Likes