Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving photos via text Samsung Note 10

(Topic created on: 10-07-2022 02:14 AM)
Kevin1962
First Poster
Options

I received a photo today, via text, and when I tried to open it, it crashed my messaging app. I've cleared the cache, and the source of the photo was from a trusted source, (nothing remarkable about the photo either, in terms of file size). What can I do, short of a factory reset, to fix this mess?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
The photo may have been from a trusted source, have you asked said source if it was from them? as there device can be compromised just like yours can. Is the photo a supported file type?

I've cleared the cache, I'm yet to see this fix anything in 25 years of the Tech/IT industry its a complete waste of time.
0 Likes
Kevin1962
First Poster
Options

Thank you Stuart. The photo was on my cousin's Facebook page. I copied and saved it to my phone, then forwarded the copy to my wife's phone, whereupon it created a mess. It did not seem to create any discernable problems with my phone at the point I saved it, sent it, or since then. In full disclosure, I'm not tech savvy, so I couldn't tell you what the file type is, much less if it was supported or not. I simply copied an image off of Facebook from my cousin's page. I assumed it would be a Jpeg.

0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Without seen the pic and format (not that I want to see it) it's difficult to pinpoint a reason.

The basic thing to try is to turn your phone off then back on as that fixes 95% + problems.

Does it happen with any photo you view, Either already on your phone or downloaded? If not and its just that picture then it's likely the pic format.
0 Likes