Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

random notifications sound on Note 10 Plus

(Topic created on: 06-10-2022 10:04 AM)
taetae2901
Pioneer
Options
Anyone experience this? My phone is on mute and this still happens.
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
AndrewL
Options

@taetae2901: If you swipe from the top of your screen to the bottom when you hear the notification sound, are there any corresponding notifications in the drop down menu? If you tap the Recent Apps button and close down any background apps that aren't in use, does the issue persist? If you head to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Volume > Notifications, and move the slider all the way to the left, does the sound persist? 

0 Likes
taetae2901
Pioneer
Options
it doesnt happen continually like maybe once a day or twice. no notifications on the drop down menu and I cant check when closing all apps because the notification sound comes then goes
taetae2901
Pioneer
Options
this issue is still continuing anyone know how to fix this? like my phone notifications are on mute and still randomly happens every now and then. have closed all tabs and cleaned my phone and permissions
0 Likes
Skrapi
Student
Options

If you also have a Samsung TV, it may be the TV trying to link with your phone.

0 Likes
sjpriv
Journeyman
Options

I wish. that list is empty, and the bell sound continues to sound every now and then. it is a ghost notification.

0 Likes
sjpriv
Journeyman
Options

PLEASE SAMSUNG, HELP WITH THIS. IT IS VERY ANNOYING. BAD FOR THE REPUTATION OF THE MODEL, I WOULD NOW NOT RECOMMEND IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I LIKE TO FEEL IN CONTROL WITH MY MACHINES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sjpriv
Journeyman
Options

HEY EVERYONE, LOOK WHAT I FOUND:

Enable Notification history.

Your Notification history will allow you to view notifications you have already dismissed or snoozed, as well as notifications you've received in the last 24 hours. Navigate to Settings, tap Notifications, and then tap Advanced settings. Tap Notification history, and then tap the switch to turn it on.

Next time your device makes an unexplained noise, review the Notification history to track down which app is sending notifications. Then you'll be able to manage the app's notifications.

Enable Notification history.
Your Notification history will allow you to view notifications you have already dismissed or snoozed, as well as notifications you've received in the last 24 hours. Navigate to Settings, tap Notifications, and then tap Advanced settings. Tap Notification history, and then tap the switch to turn it on.

Next time your device makes an unexplained noise, review the Notification history to track down which app is sending notifications. Then you'll be able to manage the app's notifications.

TRYING THIS NOW. 

0 Likes
taetae2901
Pioneer
Options
I've tried doing this after getting this random notifications but it wouldn't show the source. Just had to learn to accept this random sound 🥲
0 Likes
sjpriv
Journeyman
Options

oh you are joking me.... you are too kind, I will not forgive this and will begin badmouthing samsung !

Is anybody from samsung actually reading this exchange??