Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Random display illumination

(Topic created on: 26-04-2020 06:21 AM)
Zimacs
Apprentice
Options

Hi

At night I place my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus 5G phone on a recharging pad by my bed.   For the last few months the display has been illuminating randomly through the night.   This didn't use to happen and I can't find any way to correct it.   Activating 'Do not disturb' does not help and I can not find a nightime mode such as I have on my Galaxy Watch.  Could this have happened from a recent software update?    I'd appreciate any thoughts or solutions.  Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I personally turn my phone Off overnight when charging @Zimacs 

Is this a viable option for you ?

If not try putting the phone in Safe mode which disables the downloaded apps and leaves the stock apps working to see if this is a downloaded app that's working in the background.

A person can also choose as to be put in sleep mode or even the new deep sleep mode if a lerson is using Android  10 and the new Samsung One Ui 2.1 update.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Solution
Zimacs
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Thanks for your reply.   Can you tell me where sleep mode is in settings. Thanks.

A person can also choose as to be put in sleep mode or even the new deep sleep mode if a lerson is using Android  10 and the new Samsung One Ui 2.1 update.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Zimacs: If you got to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings, you will find the options 'Put Unused Apps To Sleep' and 'Sleeping Apps', which you can have a look at to reduce background activity on your Note 10 5G.
0 Likes