Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Security issue?

(Topic created on: 07-11-2019 05:33 PM)
Bowshank
First Poster
Options

Hi, I'm not sure if this is a feature or a massive security flaw. I have my note 10 plus screen unlock set to fingerprint. I've found that if I swipe up above the fingerprint scanner icon, it opens up a kind of activity log which show ALL activity. This include what music I've played, who I've messaged, who has messaged me. This is all while the phone is still locked. I got my wife to try it while the phone was locked, and it also allowed her to do it.

Is this some kind of feature which can be disabled? To me it seems to be a almost a glitch which makes a screen lock almost pointless.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

0 Likes

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Bowshank: Are you referring to the notification panel e.g. the list of recent activities, viewable by swiping down on your Home Screen? If you tap on any of the activity logs, does the Note 10+ prompt you to unlock the device?

View solution in context

Solution
tangram12
Journeyman
Options

Sounds like you have Notistar turned on to show on lock screen when you swipe up. Just open Goodlock and turn it off

View solution in context

Solution
AndrewL
Options
Further to the advice offered by @tangram12, please go to Apps > Goodlock > NotiStar > Tap the top right > Settings > Activate NotiStar > Toggle the switch to the left, OR, disable the 'Using In Lock Screen' option.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Bowshank: Are you referring to the notification panel e.g. the list of recent activities, viewable by swiping down on your Home Screen? If you tap on any of the activity logs, does the Note 10+ prompt you to unlock the device?
Solution
tangram12
Journeyman
Options

Sounds like you have Notistar turned on to show on lock screen when you swipe up. Just open Goodlock and turn it off

Solution
AndrewL
Options
Further to the advice offered by @tangram12, please go to Apps > Goodlock > NotiStar > Tap the top right > Settings > Activate NotiStar > Toggle the switch to the left, OR, disable the 'Using In Lock Screen' option.