Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures Deleting Themselves (recent behavior)

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 11:09 PM)
SoftwareGore
First Poster
Options

Over the last few weeks I've noticed a new behavior with my phone. Inside the Gallery App many of my images will normally go into a "Pictures" album if not sorted into something else. Recently, the images inside here will slowly delete themselves over the course of several days. Only the images inside this folder do so. Over the course of a week all of my images are now gone. The folder is also gone (I assume because there are no more files in it). The Gallery App's recycle bin has images I've personally deleted, but none of the ones lost due to this bug. No data recovery tools show any deleted or "lost" images able to be recovered which were originally in the "Pictures" album. They are just gone. Period. I do not use any cloud backup services. I've gone through the settings to confirm Google Drive, One Drive, Samsung Cloud, etc. have not enabled themselves against my wishes. They have not.

I'm at a total loss as to what is going on here. Any ideas?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Options
I had this issue and discovered it was a bad micro SD card. Though I only noticed once the pictures started to disappear after a couple of hours... Once I changed the SD card, there were no more issues....
0 Likes
Krystlea
First Poster
Options
Did you manage to get your photos etc back. I've lost loads over 700 pictures and videos
0 Likes
Options
No. The only way I could save the images I had taken was to send them via WhatsApp... I was travelling and unable to get another microSD card.
0 Likes