Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Hijacked Samsung Internet homepage need help

(Topic created on: 19-10-2022 09:29 PM)
louiscar
Pioneer
Options
O2 my provider appears to have hijacked Samsung Internet default page to go to O2. 

My phone is NOT locked to them, i recently moved to O2 , installed their app and find that there is no setting to remove or change the default homepage.

Note: I know i can use custom setting but default is always shown as O2.

Despite uninstalling O2 app and Samsung Internet I cannot find out where this is set. It must be done in the system. Annoying!

When reinstalling Samsung internet the default is back to O2. Can you tell me how they have done this and how to change it? I'm on Android 12 with note 10 plus 
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
louiscar
Pioneer
Options
I did say this phone is not a network phone, it therefore has no provider stuff . It came from Samsung and is unlocked
0 Likes
Paulf1
Voyager
Options
It shouldn't have any bloatware then mines from Samsung using 3uk and I don't get any 3uk interference I just have the 3uk app to see my remaining data etc, strange..I suppose other networks may have it as part of there pay as u go sim not sure been with 3uk for years..
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's most likely something the O2 app did, the problem is it may take a factory reset to get rid off it
0 Likes
louiscar
Pioneer
Options
No , take out the sim abd reinstall SI does it, but it's back when sim and o2 app installed
0 Likes
louiscar
Pioneer
Options
I dont get an "interface ", it just sets a homepage default to go to o2 site.
Non consentual hijack.
It may be unique to o2 who use this hack, I donr know
0 Likes