Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Note10+ voice assistant on and wont let me in phone!!!!

(Topic created on: 21-01-2020 04:28 PM)
Evie123
Explorer
Options

Hi

I'm searching for someone who can tell me how the heck I can turn off Bixby Voice on my Note10+. I accidentally turned it on, the phone restarted but won't let me enter my password or use biometrics, though it repeats the letters I'm trying to input at me! So I can't even get into my phone 😵,

No characters appear in the password box, though sometimes dots appear when I try the delete button. Please someone help...don't make me have to call and SPEAK to someone😆

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Evie123
Explorer
Options

Replying to myself as I figured it out...press and hold volume keys. Just wondering how you get into phone if you do use voice assistant though!!?

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Evie123: If you have Voice Assistant active, and you have a password or PIN on the device, then please long press on each character so the phone responds, then double tap on it to enter. It can be a bit fiddly, but make sure that the phone reads out the character that you're long pressing, before you double tap it. Hope this helps.
Evie123
Explorer
Options

Thankyou for replying. Luckily I don't need it but it was so fiddly I couldn't work it out!

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great to hear your sorted, @Evie123. Thanks for letting us know!

Adam_Perth
First Poster
Options

You can turn off the shortcut permanently via Accessibility>Advanced Settings>Direct Access.

0 Likes