Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note10+ restore amd unknown sources arrggghhhh

(Topic created on: 09-04-2020 02:04 PM)
Evie123
Explorer
Options

Hello everyone, I hope you are all staying well and safe 🙏 ...also... please help!

Well actually there probably is nothing to be done with the likes of me, but maybe I'll give you a chuckle, and provide a warning to others to understand and keep up to date their restore and backups...whatever the difference is? 🤷‍♀️

I had to turn off block apps from unknown sources to download the Amazon app store for some reason, which was fine. (If you must know it was to install the Disney + app which turned out incompatible anyway!!!! 🤯😤 But I digress...)

Then I tried to go back and put the unknown source setting back as it was but could not find it again for the life of me.

Then I got cocky 🙈

I though ha! I will restore my phone to a previous time like computers!! 

So I did a restore or backup or whatever you call it.

No no no !! 😭😭😭

My phone went to a state a loooonnngggg time ago, all my precious settings  and notification stuff...GONE!! People's names in WhatsApp...GONE!! Just numbers. I've been saying all sorts of things to the wrong people!

My lovely zen, well organised homescreen...GONE!!

If you made it this far, yes, I know I should not be allowed within 2 meters of a smartphone 😷... any ideas? I don't think I had a current back up for some reason, and where the hell is the setting to block unknown software sources ??

Have I got to redo ALL my settings AGAIN!!! 

Can't I just press an "undo" button somewhere... 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️👩‍🔧👩‍🔧👩‍🔧

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
DanP
Samsung Helper
Options

Afternoon Evie123,

Hope you are well, within Settings > Accounts and backup > Backup and restore if you either had your Samsung account or Google account signed into the device with automatic backups selected, then you should be able to restore your device settings to an earlier point.

With regards to the installing unknown apps setting, if you navigate to Settings > Biometrics and security > Install unknown apps you will be able to manage the permissions for your phones ability to install applications downloaded outside of the Google Play Store.

Hope that helps.