Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTE 10+ Software Update Failure

(Topic created on: 06-06-2020 06:25 AM)
P_Spratford
Apprentice
Options

My Note 10+ attempted to update software overnight. By morning it had an error code that said, "An error has occurred while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software."

I downloaded the PC software and attempted to use the Emergency recovery option but the software does not locate my device when it is plugged in. The device is currently unusable and will not do anything. Looking for any suggestions on reccomended courses of action to restore the device to operability and ideally with the newest version of software. Thank you in advance for any assitance with this.

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good @P_Spratford 

Are you able to access the phone at all to effect a factory reset  ?

If not then there are options such as a hard reset but beware this can delete your user info.

hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note10. 

If that does not work then either call your countries Samsung Support team or wait until the Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centres re open when the COVID-19 pandemic has ended if you have a back up phone you can use.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
P_Spratford
Apprentice
Options

@BandOfBrothers I cannot access the phone at all. I may have to do a hard reset but am avoiding that until Samsung online support becomes available later today to do that. I only have my computer so doing what I can for now. 

Thank you for the reply.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Ok @P_Spratford 

Please let us know how you get on.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
CKL
First Poster
Options

Did you managed to fix the issue? I have the same problem.

0 Likes
P_Spratford
Apprentice
Options

No, I was unable to get it fixed with anything. I had to get th device replaced. Sorry for the bad news. 

0 Likes
CKL
First Poster
Options

Thank you.

0 Likes