Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 Pre Order Uk or lack of !

(Topic created on: 08-08-2019 03:25 PM)
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi Guys and Gals.

I follow quite a few Tech Blogs and YouTube channels.

Recently seen this from one but as a UK Customer I can see nothing.  😞

Screenshot_20190728-060831_Twitter.jpg

The Trade In values look good too.

Hopefully this isn't just going to be for the USA markets !!

🤞

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

20 REPLIES 20
DannyT
Options

Hi there @BandOfBrothers,

At present this isn't an option here in the UK (we don't even know if it is the Note10 yet!). But I've requested a bit more info from our colleagues. At the moment our Unpacked page isn't giving much away. It's certainly building my aniticaption further! You can check it out here.

Once I get more info, I'll post it here for you! 

Welcome to the Community!

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That would be cool @DannyT 

Not the Note 10 ....Hmmmmm......  Oki doki. :winking-face:

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Well, its kinda an open door though. Something with the timing every year. And a teaser image with a pen

Mhmmm, What can it be :winking-face: You can guess my bets :winking-face:

That said. I kinda expect the following:
- The Note (Lets be honest, its an open door :winking-face: )
- The Galaxy Fold Relaunch
- One big "Surprise"
- Some super cool new features! :smiling-face:

Disclaimer: Please note that this post is purely based on speculation. I'm not a Samsung employee and I have no insider knowledge in this regard :winking-face: 

That said, pre-orders tend to come after the announcement. 

0 Likes
Mike_P
Navigator
Options

Galaxy Tab S6:smiling-face:

TBH if it is the Note 10 (which it's going to be right..) I'm actually considering just keeping my note 9 and buying the Tab S6 as it looks absolutely awesome!

SjorsK
Maestro
Options

@Mike_P wrote:

Galaxy Tab S6:smiling-face:

TBH if it is the Note 10 (which it's going to be right..) I'm actually considering just keeping my note 9 and buying the Tab S6 as it looks absolutely awesome!

Honestly, its a great phone :winking-face: Shame to replace it at this point. Plus... The Tab S6 is super cool! :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Psssssh, the note is there. Your thoughts? :face-with-tears-of-joy:
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

So the Note 10 models look impressive and I'll spend some quality time watching the YouTube videos and playing with the demo models on my local Samsung Experience Store.

However this for me is the only disappointing aspect of buying the 5G variant which I would like as it's a good piece of future proofing.

The 5G model is locked to a particular network  

What happens with the dual sim as I use two networks and like to swap around the networks i use ?

5G model only. Device locked to a participating network. 5G functionality requires compatible network connection. "

SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Great thoughts @BandOfBrothers

My first impression is great and the phone and its featureset look impressive, at this point I'm however reserved with my opinion considering the absence of a specsheet, until there is one I will have to see it first before I can actually recommend it.

Add an absense of a specsheet combined with bad rumors and I tend to advice to wait until more is known. I have to see it first before I believe it :winking-face:

Looks good! :face-with-tears-of-joy: 

That said, I have no Samsung Experience store in my area so no way for me to test it out :smiling-face:

Edit: Got the specsheet:

https://news.samsung.com/nl/samsung-introduceert-de-nieuwe-galaxy-note10-ontworpen-om-passies-tot-le...

/me likes 

I can recommend it now ^-^

0 Likes
StargazerUK
Navigator
Options

What happens with the dual sim as I use two networks and like to swap around the networks i use ?

5G model only. Device locked to a participating network. 5G functionality requires compatible network connection. "

1) If the Note 10 5G was locked you would have to choose a network like you have to on the S10 5G models which are locked to EE and Vodafone. The fact there is no network choice means they are unlocked cause otherwise how can you order a phone and not select your network. Also see point 2.

2) I contacted the Samsung Store and they stated the Note 10 5G model is unlocked.

I have seen samsung sometimes use information from a previous model so I supect someone used the information from the S10 5G.

Also I am waiting to see if samsung will treat note customers the same with pre order bonuses. The Note 9 got sweet fa and those that buy out right might do well from the cash back but upgrade program nothing but a slap in the face when the S10 got the buds. Hoping the Note 10 customers get something this time and not sweet fa again since they are only doing at the moment cash back and upgrade program users nothing.

I am wondering if I should of chosen the S line since they get the betas to the latest OS and they also get the better pre order offers and also lately they get the slightly better battery. They have a working 4500mAh in the S10 5G models.

Since the Note 7 we been getting slightly smaller batteries then the S line and I could understand for the note 8 but not now and they made some space with removing the headphone jack so surly there be a little more space for a slightly bigger battery.

0 Likes