Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

note 10 plus ui 2.5 battery drain

(Topic created on: 29-09-2020 08:42 PM)
Geo33
Navigator
Options

The battery of my note 10 plus 5G was incredible! Now after UI 2.5 update, the battery dies very quik! Before update i was using my phone 2 days with one charge. Now i have to charge it twice to use the phone in one day! The ui 2.5 has a realy bad problem!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Notey9
First Poster
Options
not just the note 10, my note 9 is the same. guessing samsung has learned a trick or two from apple and are pushing updates to cripple older phones and force people in to buying the latest models. Bought mine new last year and initially it was great, but with every update battery life is suffering.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Geo33 

Can you try a few things please. 

1. Turn the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's system files and clear the cache files.  No info is lost this way.

2. If no help put the phone into Safe Mode which disables downloaded apps but leaves the stock one's working and then see what happens. Also check all apps have no updates pending. If the issue stops in Safe Mode then one or more of your apps are not optimised for the new update. It'll be a matter of un installing one at a time until it improves to find the rogue app(s)

3. If that does not work then as a very last resort back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset.

4. A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Meh90
Pathfinder
Options
unfortunately nothing will fix it.
ui 2.5 uses more ram cpu and battery.
it's hogs resources.
0 Likes
Biker74
Pathfinder
Options
I haven't had that problem. Then again, I always do a reboot after an update.
0 Likes